My mom is driving me insane. I mean I'm not lying when I say that. She's just too overbearing with me and I don't think I can take it anymore. I mean I just turned 19 and she still treats me like I'm 16. Like she doesn't let me hang out with any of my friends and she's always questioning me about who I'm emailing and she's always checking my phone to make sure that no one she doesn't like has called me recently and if they have then she yells at me and calls me things that she shouldn't I mean now my friends hate her and they don't want to be friends with me anymore because of her. I mean she doesn't do this to my brother who's 16 and gets into way more trouble than I ever have and is probably doing drugs. It seems that lately things have been getting worse because these past two weeks there hasn't been one single day where we haven't yelled at each other at least once. It just seems like I can't do anything right anymore and especially my religion has been her biggest target about me being pagan and she calls me all kinds of names regarding that. Its just gotten to the point where I don't know how much more I can take. A little help on the issue would be nice cause I mean it feels like I've tried everything with her and nothing works.Thanks~Laura~

Well, perhaps your mom needs some training to learn to respect you freedom of religion. Your freedom of religion is your constitutional right and anyone who makes ANY disrespectful comment about your exercising your freedom of thought is trespassing upon you.

Oftentimes, parents are more "protective" with their daughters, that means that they exercice more repression and abuse of power upon them than the boys. You should try to write a letter to your mom, telling her how you feel. She may not realize how much she is hurting you. If that does not change her behaviour, I guess you should get a part-time job, work and save, save, save until you can get your own place.

This type of environment could be very detrimental to you and your self-esteem. Good luck!

You defenitly have to talk to your mom about what is going on. you do have a freedom to do what you want.

Your situation sounds a lot like my mom. She is always in my business and has to know everything. She says that she does it because she cares and doesnt want anything to happen to me. I see it as a way for her to invade my privacy. If you do find a solution that works please let me know. Thanks!! Hope everything works out for ya.

I agree that you should try to talk to your mom about this. If she doesn't listen or things don't change I would consider moving out and getting a place of your own. You are 19 yrs old and an adult and she should respect you and treat you as such.

She sounds like my mom a lot when I was younger. In fact, my mom was so bad that I graduated from high school when I was 17 yrs old and got a place of my own. She would just take out all of her frustrations on me and get in my business. I just felt she was really judgmental and b*itchy.