What is it about women being so attracted to dark features?

Double J

Almost everywhere I go, I hear girls my age or women that are older saying how much they want who is "tall, dark-skinned with dark hair and dark eyes." I think there has to be something psychological going on here. Do you ladies perceive guys with darker features to exude more power or dominance than those with lighter features? I have light brownish hair and brown eyes with a fairly medium complexion, but many girls on this board seem adamant in wanting "all dark." Why? Us guys aren't as picky; we do have our preferences when it comes to body shape, hair color (blond/brunette), etc., but in the end we'll settle for a girl's personality that complements us the best.

Us guys aren't as picky; we do have our preferences when it comes to body shape, hair color (blond/brunette), etc., but in the end we'll settle for a girl's personality that complements us the best.

So will we...I have dated the gamut in physical appearance! I don't pick a guy on physical appearance alone! Personality is what you have to live with.

And don't say guys are not bad, I was rejected a couple times for not being BLONDE (I am a ravishing redhead ). I think guys are far more critical when it comes to physical appearance - not always, but they do seem to select form a certain type more.

I do like dark hair and eyes, but that does not mean dark skin or anything like that, and tall just means "taller than me". I have however been with blond, blue eyed fair skinned guys too. It is just that more instant attraction for me is for darker hair and brown eyes - it just feels "warmer" to me.

Who said "guys" are not picky? A lot of my guy friends in his 30s and 40s are still single because they are looking for the "most perfect" match. The perfect match for them includes look, personality, career, and financial status. And they have such a way too high standard. Good Lord, I hope they find one in their life time.

I myself love blonde and light brown hair with medium feature. Always have a crush on those. Hey what I have got is bald, dark hair, and skinny. I love him dearly anyway. I love him because his personality, how he treats me, and how he makes me feel about myself. These are way important than look. Guess what, the longer I know him, the more I find him attractive. And he love me because I am funny, flexible, and sophisticate. Not even mention my beauty

I think you feel resentful because you live in where (Miami, FL) the dark skin is majority.Hey think this way: you are the different one that a lot of girls are searching. There is nothing wrong with your feeling. I blame it to TV and advertisement. They portrait those people type as a very hot one. We, as a victim of the media in lot of ways, try to "look" like those people; that's why we strave ourself to be skinny, suntan our skin to make it look darker without considerring it causes skin cancer and wrinkle and so on. Try not to be a media victim as much as you can.

First thing you need to do to be attractive to others is to have your self-esteem, positive energy, cleanliness and smiles. People can sense these from you. Try it for a few days and you'll see the differences.

Oh come on, let's show a little honesty here. Let's be down-to-earth honest. Guys are picky as well, if not more so than women.

How many times have you decided someone wouldn't interest you because they've got a behind the size of a small planet? I've heard this before and I've been influenced in that way myself. I know, it's not morally right, but by god, it's the truth.

Etienne

I know that it is a matter of preference because I have asked myself the same question.

I am average height with dark features and some girls are attracted to me and some are not. I would consider myself to have good looks

Some girls are looking for guys that they are use to such as blondes that are athletic or tall guys that are artsy it all depends on what they want so keep looking until you get what you want and they want you back.

I was one of those women that posted that she liked dark men - and I do. That's what I'm instantly attracted to. But if the perfect /looking/ guy opened his mouth and said nonsense, that'd be the end of it. Personality and brains are much more important.

My husband is blond with grey eyes. I think he's very attractive.

But let's be honest here. If there's /nothing/ attractive about a guy physically, that would be it. (I'm talking metaphorically here, as I'm quite married now.) As you fall in love with someone, you find them more and more physically attractive, but if there's absolutely nothing there from the start, then chances are, it's not going to progress. Physical attraction is an element that's got to be in a good relationship and I don't really think it's shallow to admit that - I think you're kidding yourself if you don't.

facksfunny... eyes aren't everything, but they mean A LOT!

I love big big brown eyes with thick double eye lids or think single eye lids.

Big big sparkly and beautiful brown eyes that reflect everything like a mirror raise aesthetic points by 10 on a 100 scale in my books!

I don't know why I like dark features either. I think dark features are more down to earth and solid. Dark features also define people's face a little bit better than lighter features... oh... and having dark skin to me, means they're very active... and I always like a guy who's darker than me so I won't feel like I'm too tanned. (I hate being tanned.)

(bf was always really amused at my putting on layers and layers of sunscreen. He says I'm weird because the rest of the women in America are busy buying tanning products and I'm busy keeping my skin as pale as possible... but I think I'm ugly when I'm dark and I really don't want to get skin cancer when I'm older.

So, one day he finally decides to drag me to the beach even though I dread sun as much as a vampire. ... I put on my 1 piece super conservative swim suit, long sleeves dress shirt to cover myself up, skirts, and layers and layers of sunscreen + straw hat and sun glasses... and bf turned to my roommate and and said, "Look at her, she's so protected now that she won't even turn colors if we stuff her in an oven.")

Eh... remembering that just raised me a question. Do guys like tanned girls better or pale girls better?

Suppose someone would drop a vial of acid on their face, turning their appearance in a mess of molten flesh. Still, suppose the eyes were spare, and the person in question had beautiful eyes, would the rest really matters?

There answer is: yes it would. Eyes aren't everything. If they were, everyone wouldn't be obsessed about their weigth, their penis size, the size of their breast, behind and gyms wouldn't be full of people working out. We've all been there at some point or the other in our life.

I now that I am not attracted to women with the wide behind syndromes. I have some friends with a rather broad derrière, they're awesome people, but I'm just not attracted to them. Does this make me a monster? No. Does it make me a young man who has been strongly influenced by publicity as to what men and women are supposed to look like: most probably yes.

Omega Man.

Yeah, I used to think I was *only* attracted to guys with blonde curly hair and golden-tan skin and gorgeous deep brown eyes; then I fell head-over-heels over a guy with darker brown skin, dark brown hair and light bluish-grey eyes and i've never seen anyone hotter. Ha.

I guess you never really know