First Date

I will be going on my first date shortly but don't know what to do. Im 17 and was asked to Homecoming by a friend. We went and had a good time and a week later she askes me out on a date. We didn''t decide what we were going to do at the time and I cant think of anything. Im kind of shy and was planning on asking her to homecoming and ona date but she beat me to it. What kinds of things can we do.. We know eachother somewhat well and if we went to dinner I don't really know what we would talk about etc. Any Suggestions.. Thanks

Well, if you already know each other, then movies could work. They've worked for me in similar situations. I'm no expert, so don't take my advice too seriously (I get rejected a lot, and most of the time can't get past the 2nd date... I'm sort of a not shy looser or whatever). Also, if you don't think you'd know what to talk about if you went to dinner, then how do you plan to make a good relationship work? There's always something to talk about.

I think I should call her pretty soon. I kind of want to call her before she calls me.. if that makes sense. Seeing what I said is going to watch the incredibles and then going to red robin a good idea? Thinking it may have to be friday though... Thursday = theatre and places willb e busy... hmm

You can't find things to talk about? Then you need to see a movie. This way you can all talk about the movie. A walk in the park is good too. You should ask about her interests and hobbies. If you have to keep your phone convo short, this way you avoid awkward quietness while on the date.

I have to admit I wasn't all that romatic at your age. I remember hearing other kids going on dates to movies and dinner...and i'm here thinking...what fun is that? I used to think them people were weird. What dinner and movie could be getting drunk and high with my friends? I think I was 27 when I first took a girl to the movies. It was titanic. What a nightmare that turned out to be.

DBL

I was just about to call her to see if she wanted to see the incredibles when something kind of hit me. On Tuesday she pulled me aise and jus tsaid "I would like to ask you out on a date" We had to go soon but we talked about what we might do but said we would talk later. She was gone yesterday and I was about to call but.....

If she said date rather then Hang out do you think going to a movie isn't exactly what she wants to do. I look into things way to much.

I just saw that movie last weekend. It was pretty good. It is a little perverted, but it is subtle enough that kids wouldn't pick it up. Movie did drag on though. Why don't you ask her what she would like to do? Tell her I have some ideas on where to take you, but I want to make sure it is a place where you will enjoy yourself.

Obviously i'm not the dating king, as I mentioned in other threads.

DBL