Necon Birth Control Pills as Emergency Contraception?

Ians Mommy

Hi, My name is Danielle. I have never gone past kissing and oral sex before Monday night. I was with my best guy friend, who is also my ex-boyfriend and we ended up making out and somehow we ended up having sex. I don't regret it, and it has actually mentally helped me by replacing good memories with bad ones. Anyway, neither of us had a condom, and we had unprotected sex. He did not cum inside of me, but I still took the birth control pills I had found in my kitchen a couple weeks ago. Most websites say that if you take 4 soon after unprotected sex, and 4 twelve hours after the first dose, it protects you from pregnancy. On the website though, they do not have the pills I had. I took the 4 last night after I had gotten home, and I took 4 during lunch at school today. They made me pretty sick this morning, but I was fine after a few hours. The pills are called Necon, and it says the general eq. is Ortho Novum. Am I protected against getting pregnant or not?

Thanks for your help, I really need it. We have decided to not have sex until he can get condoms. I don't regret what we did, but I kind of wish we had used more protection than just using the birth control pills.

Danielle.

What you need to to is ask a health care professional or doctor your question. You need a professional opinion. There is always a chance that you could be pregnant and you need to accept that if you going to have sex. I would suggest that you get on some type of birthcontrol, condom break then you would be back in the same predicament that you are in now. Using two forms of contriception is always best

Yea, but I'm only 14 and my mom cannot find out about me having sex. She flipped out on me bad enough when she found out I was going out with a 15 year old, even though it was 2 weeks after we had broken up. If she found out about this, she would really be pissed because he is 17. If I called my doctor and blocked my phone number, would they be able to give me advise without telling them my name or anything? I just thought that maybe I could call some random doctor out of a phone book. I don't know. I'm going to wait to see what some more posts say. Thanks.

OMG.... You took BC pills that werent prescibed to u... Oh well theres nothing that u can do about that now... But dont take ANY more of those!!! Okay so this is what you can do.... Get your yellow pages OUT! Look up sexual health clinics..... You can go to these places to get the morning after pill... However, the morning after pill is only effective within 46 hours of having sex. Also at the sexual health clinics you can get birth control on you own and information on how to properly take it... IF you have a any further questions, I would be happy to answer them, you can also reach me at vickirose17 on aim. Aways use a condom, no matter what.....

I really think it is better to get the pill somehow than to have an unwanted pregnancy. I can't believe that they would want young teens running around having unprotected sex, get the pill somehow. If your mom finds out, the only thing she can do is make you go off of them!!

You really don't want to have a baby this early in your life.