Feeling a bit emotinal

I'm feeling quiet emotinal at the moment. In the last 2 days I have had so many people say to me Smile. And like I say what have I got to smile about. All I want is for them to leave me alone. I wish that everything would go away. Even for just a moment. Turning 21 this year made me realise that I have missed out on alot of things. And that all my life I have never been happy. I have always put my family and friends happiness first. And I don't think that they realise how much I do for them. I don't know what it means to be happy. Growing up I was never aloud to go any where or do anything and tonight it hit me hard. I just don't fit in. I've just gotten back from my Cousins wedding and all night I sat in the corner all on my own feeling out of place and unwanted. My cousin tried to get me involved. But I come to the conclusion that right at this point of time I need nobody and nobody needs me.

I just need to get this out before I burst out crying.

*cassandra*

I think one of the worst things someone can do when your feeling depressed or emotional is to tell you to smile. They try to convince you that you have a lot to be happy about, which chances are you probably do. But no one who is depressed or in an emotional state is going to buy this, it's like telling someone to "just get over it." I know your pain as I have been there a million times.

Just remember that we are here to be your shoulder to cry on! No one here is going to tell you to "just get over it."

You can go ahead and rant some more of you want. No one is going to stop you. I just hope you do find the happiness you want, and hope you find the time you want to be alone. Your not alone, I too have felt this pain, and I know you'll find a way to fight it...good luck!

I know how you feel. I often find myself in situations, social ones, where everyone else is having fun with others and I'm sitting by mysef in the corner thinking the same thing as you....that I need nobody and nobody needs me.

Whenever I get like this (which is less and less lately) or I am in a bad mood, a surefire way to make it worse is to tell me to smile. When I'm down, I don't want attention or people around, I just want to be left alone. People seem to take personal offence to me asking them to leave me alone though and it really gets at me. Is it really wrong to ask for some peace and quiet???

In a lot of places and situations, I just feel like I don't fit in, like I'm the odd one out, and what makes it worse is I get very self consciouos about it at even the slightest hint and then I subconsciously start looking for things that prove it.

I'm learning to control it lately, I force myself to talk more to people and to have fun where I normally would just sit by myself, but I still get these feelings.

Feel fre to PM me if you wanted to talk

im not going to try and give any advice, only offer a shoulder to cry on, and a tissue to wipe your eyes on. and most of all a friend to talk to.

i just want to let you know that you have described my feelings allmost exactly. Its hard, its seemingly impossible. most of the time i just want to hide somewhere in a dark small place, on my own where nobody will ever discover me. Bbut then i realised that i had to give myself a helping hand, and mustered up the courage to come out.

i started to let out some of my feelings instead of keeping them to myself, i shared them with people who had the same things building up inside them. - i felt that each time i discussed and described my feelings, it got easier and easier, and that i started to understand them more. - over the past few days ive kinda felt a tiny bit better, and i know that if i keep at it and dont just say ' oh sod it' and go backinto my corner agen, then in due time all of my wounds will heal.

well, thats my story for you to read and i really hope that you find your happyness, in whatever shape or form it comes in, just keep an eye out and dont let it pass u by.- sory if it doesnt make sense- but writing it has helped me a bit, so it wasnt a complete waste of time.