I have just w/in the last 24 hrs been diagnosed with IgA Nephropathy, also known as: Berger's Disease, IgA nephritis and IgA glomerulonephritis.

I'm a healthy 25 yr old female, and have had 3 months now of bi-lateral flank pain, hematuria, and little proteniura (spelling might be wrong). In this same time I've also had fevers from 100-101 on and off. After seeing my second nephrologist, they said that the inital ruling of kidney stones was stupid, and it is much more serious.

I am now scheduled for a kidney biopsy, and am looking at the possibility of having to prepare for future kidney failure, dialysis, and donors.

Anyone else have kidney issues/stories that they can give me their take on getting though it?

igan.ca/index.htm

• 2 months later...

I cannot offer any advice on this situation but I do hope that you are able to cope in the future. Its good that you were able to get an accurate diagnosis so that you can be available for a donor list. I never even heard of this before so thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm going to change my donor status now because of this.

All the best to you. I guess is have the tests done and wait it out, but I hope that it doesn't progress any further if that is possible. You're in my prayers tonight.

I saw that this site had lots of info. It helped me understand what you are facing. renux.dmed.ed.ac.uk/EdREN/EdRenINFOhome.html

-Striderhiryu81