If your ex left you for someone else - how long did it last?

whattheheck

No, my ex left me once for another guy, was happy for 1 week, stayed with him for a month though because she thought i hated her and wanted nothing to do with her. People never leave someone for someone else in my opinion, its just that they need a wake-up call to what they had and then are so scared that they lost it that they drag these relationships way farther past what they intended. Now i could be wrong, i mean there are a few flings that work but i would say more often than not a fling is just that...a fling so dont worry about it.

Eric

My ex i still with a new guy after we broke up.. its 2 months since now.. but yesterday she wrote a lot of sweet things and that she would pick me up wherever i was when drunk and drive me home.. and in the middle of then ight yesterday sher wrote a sms and asked if i would pick her up in town and drive her home.. but i did not see it before in the morning... What would u do.. when she suddenly brakes the nc and says such things?

My ex was with the other girl for about a month. It wound up hurting him more than it hurt me though because she'd thorw things at him so he'd go out and get drunk, come home, and pass out. Then he'd call me and say how much he loved me, he should've never been with her, and he wanted me back...tearing down every wall I buildt up against him and feeling emotion. But the worst part was while he was telling me this, he was still having sex with her. We did wind up getting back together after he broke up with her. But nothing lasted too long, we were maybe together for 3 months then on and off again for another 3 before we called it quits for good. It really interfeared with our trust factor toward each other.

I'm glad that we're not together anymore because I love the guy I'm with so much. He's always there for me, no matter what. 7 months yesterday YAH!

My ex started dating a girl the evening we broke up, lets just say they didnt last THAT long, but hey two weeks is something to be proud of for someone who's just got out of a serious relationship, right?? As for me? I left my ex boyfriend in January and was with my new boyfriend, who was really serious, for six months but we broke up for other reasons not the whole rebound thing!! xxxxCeinyxxxx

Well my big question is - "How will i know if and when my ex gf breaks up with her new man?

that's why I am torn between NC and just casual contact (email, etc.). If I at least be her friend somewhat by casually emailing her, then I will be there for her if/when she breaks up with her man. But if I didn't contact her at all, then how would I ever know?

But at the same time, if i email her every few weeks, then I'm preventing myself from moving on. I know you all are saying to move on, but it is hard. Believe me, I'm trying to make myself hate her, but I can't. I wish I could though.

Any thoughts?

• 8 years later...

My ex left me for someone else 2 and a half months ago and they seem to be going from strength to strength and while I don't like it, I have to get it into my head it isn't a rebound. I believe that rebounds mainly happen to the dumpee as the dumper has thought about breaking up for a while. The honeymoon period of a new relationship does seem to be more intense straight after a breakup though, my ex has already pretty much moved in with the new guy and said she loved him. Moving on seems so easy for some people.

My ex and I broke up about 3 months ago. She started dating someone a couple weeks later. It's been about 2.5 months since they've been dating and they still are, even though he is abroad. They are planning to move in together in September, yet they've only been face to face for about half a month >.>

My most recent ex moved in with another girl and cheated on me (without telling me until afterwards) a little over a month ago. By all appearances...he seems very happy and they seem to be going strong.

My ex-husband left me almost 3 years ago for another woman and they are still together to this day and he claims she is the love of his life.

So, it seems there's really no way to tell. I wish I could be of more help as I've often asked this exact same question in my head a million times. You never know when a rebound/new relationship is going to stick.

Archived