...worried...

about 3 or 4 months ago my best friend found out that i cut. She told me that she did too...but i seriously think that she only started when she found out i did....i dont want her to cut...and im pretty sure she can stop but everyone keeps telling me she wont stop unless i do. i've tried to stop...but something always happens and i get mad and i just do it with out even thinking...i wanna know how to get my friend to stop...even if i have trouble stopping...i dont want her to do it...especially not for attention (((becuase she already gets EVERYBODYS attention)))...what do i do to get her to stop cutting?

Why do you cut? Why do you want her to stop cutting if you think it is ok for you to cut? Why don't you apply the same reason you want her to stop cutting to yourself and see if that works...

Other than that, just maybe tell her that you don't want her to cut, or that it makes you sad, or maybe even pretend that you stopped if only for a little while to see if she really will stop too...

And my advice to you personally is that cutting is not a good way out of things. I have never been able to understand the reasons people do it personally so this may not be very good advice and for that I apologise, but I suppose the best bet is to find another way to release stress and get yourself used to that method instead. Personally stress balls and stuff don't work for me or anything. When I am mad I usually do one of two things. Listen to music or complain to friends. I guess I'm lucky to have friends who will listen and I guess not everyone does but blowing off steam to someone who is there for you is amazing.

Good luck to you.

umm...the thing is i have talked to my friend about how much i want her to stop...and i told her how sad it makes me and yes i even tried...to pretend i stopped and she stopped for that time too...thats how im pretty sure she does it for attention...i just dont want to tell her i think shes doing it for attention. that makes her mad. i guess the only way is if she gets caught or if i stop.

as for me....i'm trying to stop...and i think its actually working this time. my friends are starting to be supportive and help me find other ways than that. so thanks for your advice and umm i'll try to stop...