...need help

i've been cutting for about 2 years and i hid it for about a year and a half. A couple of months ago my friend found out and soon everybody knew. i lied to them and told them i'd stopped but it was worse then ever. i had cuts everywhere....then they found out i was lying and got real mad at me for lying to them for so long...i got caught by the counselor but lied to her too...i feel terrible...i've just been living lies. I've tried to stop cutting but nothing helps...last night i slipped and almost cut my vein...i didn't tell anybody but it was really hard to hide it from people. Especially those people that keep checking my arms....i wanna stop..but i can't. what do i do?!

hey there,

it would help if you really sit down and think about WHY you do this to your self. I'm 16 and i started doing it when it a year and a half ago, it got really bad in the beginning of this summer when my ex found out and begged me to stop, i didn't for a while though. But one night i just realized that doing this to myself isn't going to make life easier just harder and more painful. WHen you feel the urge, just write down what's bothering you, and you'll feel a lot better. Personally it helps me a lot because i always hold in my feelings and they eat me from the inside and that's why i kept injuring myself, so i started a journal, and as silly as it seems it does help, a lot. It's like your talking to someone, but a lot easier because it can't judge you. Hopefully you'll get what i'm saying and if you want to talk, ask me for my AIM screename or E-mail.

(be strong)

hi. i cut too, just so you know you're not the only one. first of all, lying about who/what you are, and the things you do is really hard on a person. i'd advise against doing this, if you can. be yourself as much as possible.

to stop cutting, you need to find motivation, and most likely things to do to replace your cutting. the replacements for cutting will depend on why you cut in the first place. (to see the blood, to feel, bc of stress, and the millions of other reasons)

i'm here if you want to talk, or need advice.

Empty

Hi,i cut as well.I am sorry your in such a perdicament.Lieing may not have been the best thing to do,but if i were in your situation i think i would have done the same thing.I have been cutting for about a year and a half and no one knows except a few close friends.I think you should talk to your friends about this.Do w/e you can to help bring out the feelings that are making you cut.I hope things begin to look up and if you ever want to talk feel free to PM IM or email me.

~Meagan~