My mother physically and mentally abuses me..

aquabubbles2001

My mother has been abusing me since I was 5..

Frst it was when I did something bad.. then it progressed to when she was just angry... and now just at random times.. she would beat me with anything..from her hand to even breaking a wooden spoon on me.. she even used my baby brother's toys to hit me with... Now-a-days she would be smiling and then out ofthe blue would scream at me and beat me.. she would even choke me till I cant breath anymore.. Im trapped and I dont know what to do.. Now I just dont feel like eating anymore.. and when I do eat I try hard not to throw it all up.. I cant smile anymore.. And I just feel scared and alone..

I know you will prob say go to the police.. and i did twice.. they even saw her beat me and my sister.. and the only thing they did was tell my mom I was the one who called 911 and that never to do it again.. which lead ofcourse to another beating for a month or 2..

I tried the child protection agency.. but they did the same as the police.. But they were worse.. they told me they would protect me if I told them exactly wat was goin g on.. and instead they told her everything and she beat me again when they were gone..

My mom is sneaky.. she would act as the good mother to everyone.. but then when we get home she becomes her evil self again..

I tried getting out more.. but she wont let me.. she refused for me to have any club activities until I get first hnors.. even though I am in second..

I feel trap and alone.. everyday I feel weaker.. please help..

Oh my god i reallt feel sorry for you.. Im fron denmark, and can't really do any help since i don't know all these agencies.. but u really need to something drastic... Keep your head up.. keep eating... try to workout in some kind of way... make u believe yourself in you are stronger than her, and she wont bring u down.. i know its hard to find something to keep the life moving... foucs your thoughts on a boy or other things which make u smile...

and of course... Im urging all others to give some tips on which agencies and such she can make contact to...

Im from denmark can't really give any better solution than fight...

Music for you girl:

Christina Aguilera - Fighter

Christina Aguilera - Beautiful

Pink - Family Portrait...

Daniel Bedingfield - Gotta get thru this

Boyzone - No matter what

Eminem - Sing for the moment

Eminem - Lose yourself

Don't let your mother think she is in controle.. She wont bring you down, you are much to strong... make her believe it.. get in contact with some people you can trust.. how about Oprah Winfrey or such talkshows, where she is urged to do something....

Or else...what is the age in USA where u got the permission to act in whatever way want to.. is it like in dk where it is 18?....

If you have bruises you can show the police and scars then they will be able to do something, when you get one call them then! that is the only real way that they can tell. But if that doesnt work talk to a teacher they will be able to help you. If you want to talk any more fee free to pm me.

Keep trying to get help. It's against the law for the police or child protective services not to help you. It has to be investigated. If you talk to someone who isn't taking you seriously then go further up the chain - police and social workers have supervisors.

This is just a suggestion, when you are in the home keep a tape recorder running. She could not deny her way out of that if she is caught being verbally abusive on tape.

Thank you hurt&abandoned, that was going to be my point in my post, keep contacting them, if they don't do anything then you could take everything to court. Anyway, don't even call her your mother, that is NOT your mother, I understand a good smake when you do something wrong to teach you a lesson but hitting and beating randomly? You need to keep contacting child services and stuff, show them the marks, thay have to help you eventually, sometimes it takes a couple of tries. If you need to talk then you can email me or something.

Aqua,

You need to get yourself out of that house ASAP. Start recording the beatings any which way you can. Tell the police and child welfare agencies, go to the hospital right away after every/any beating. Keep telling and reporting until someone listens and acts. Tell a teacher, school counsler, police officer, social worker, neighbor, friends parents, anyone and everyone. Make them do something! You are the teen, they are they adults. They are the ones who need to protect you. 1-800-4-A-CHILD is a child abuse hotline that I suggest calling. Tell them your story, let them know you have reported her in the past but still no one has done anything about it. When she starts, see if you can get somewhere near a window or door and scream. Scream at the top of your lungs. Yell Fire, Stop, or just plain Yell! A neighbor overheard my friend screaming one day and called the police. Her stepfather had thrown her down a flight of stairs and was beating the girl. The cops came unexpected and he was arrested. Get her caught. If you can somehow film it, do that too. Just keep telling them until someone listens. You need to get out of that house before she does something permenant. Please be safe, please take care and message me anytime you need/want to.

-hugs tight-

----------------------------->Nikki

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, honey sounds to me you are down a bad path of self destruction.

Including eating disorders and self mutilation.

My mom was a bad alcoholic and bipolar-manic depressant.

My mom severley abused me from the time I could remember until I got free at 19. No day would pass that she would not change her tune. happy one min the next she would be screaming. At times she would come home from bars with men. Also, when she would come home around 1 a.m. we would be forced to find her songs on cassete-and play them. We would then dance for her. We would be the ones to call a cab for her if she needed to get out. We would have to do it the exact way she wanted us to. If not we would be forced to write down song words or silly things like search for she lost items. Also, if she would have a fight with her boyfriend we would be the ones to write a note, and hand deliver it for her to her boyfriend. She blamed my genetic condition (neurofibromatosis 1) on me and that I am useless and stupid for it.

I soon discovered bulimia at age 13 and cutting at 15.

I am still dealing with the pain. I mean, being called stupid, daft, ugly, lazy and a whore along with being sick makes it hell. since I live alone now there are things i still can't do cause of my past. such as drive a car, or get a good job. That is because my mom never has drove. she says that since my 2 sisters drive-they just think they are better then her and drive only to put her down. also, my mom works at subway and I work 2 jobs. Doing anything better then mom-is hell to pay. You are not able to show ant emotionals or she will take it the wrong way. if you are sad -you must be mad at her, if you are happy-you must be making fun of her, if you have a neutral face-you are glarring and so on.

Waking up each day in fear of your own mother is no life at all. You are putting yourself through much more pain then you deserve. if you feel you can not tell anyone-keep chatting with me. I can truly understand the way you feel.

There are so many things mom did to me-and still doing.

Its the emotional pain that she put me through that lasts a lifetime!

• 5 years later...

I went through the same thing and i still do today

my mother would make me clean up her mess and give me * * * * all the time and she would always tell me i could never become what i want

she would abuse me and my sister and she would drug me with sleeping pills and shoot me up with IV's. she did everything she could to hurt me and my sister. we never ate food cause there was nothing to eat except for when she would bring leftovers from her dates. i eventually became ill and i never talked at school and i still dont talk at school.she would leave me and my sister on the side of the road and drive away then stop the car and taunt us. she would persuade her friends that i am a demon child and i only got more * * * * from them there is mor but im gonna focus on you. i am telling you that if you want to get out of that house you need to speek up to a school counsler.

i talked to DCFS millions of times and i would get the * * * * beat out of me and get grounded. i eventually gave up too and one day i talked to them hoping to god that i would be free and i did

i moved to my dads and i am still messed up from my mom

i couldnt sleep for awhile but you have another legal gaurdian you can live with, ask to live thier, and you half to tell the truth to them. every single bit because i always left out the parts where she druged me and left me on the side of the road because i was afraid too. but if you dont speak up the truth

your life will be at risk like me and my sister's

i wish you luck and i will pray for you

• 2 weeks later...

you're 22? You're the same age as me and I have been living and working away from home for nearly five years. You're not a child..child protection agencies are to protect children..just walk away. I'm not sure where you live but if you are in the uk I think you would be eligible for a council paid house until you sort yourself out. You could also go to university by getting a government grant for your tuition fees and getting a student loan to cover your accommodation. Why are you putting up with this? I'm not trying to be unsympathetic but if you don't try to help yourself you will still be a victim living with your mum when you're 30. Good luck

you're 22? You're the same age as me and I have been living and working away from home for nearly five years. You're not a child..child protection agencies are to protect children..just walk away. I'm not sure where you live but if you are in the uk I think you would be eligible for a council paid house until you sort yourself out. You could also go to university by getting a government grant for your tuition fees and getting a student loan to cover your accommodation. Why are you putting up with this? I'm not trying to be unsympathetic but if you don't try to help yourself you will still be a victim living with your mum when you're 30. Good luck

The post is from 2004, so she was still a minor at the time. Took me a minute to figure it out too.

• 2 years later...

Archived