Well, it seems recently that I have to practicly throw a fit to get my mom to do anything, until recently when I decided to just do it myself. For instance, I cant get my hair cut either by her or at a store because she is to tired to either do it herself or drive to the haircut place. Other more trivial things like cleaning the living room, she sure loves to complain about it but she doesnt do anything about it. I am a realativly clean person and stay mostly in my room, so most of the mess {as childish as I realize this sounds} is not mine.

And other things like she will NEVER do the dishes or laundry, I dont have a problem doing my own laundry or occasional dishes but she wont do anything unless she has to. I dont think I have seen her do the dishes more than once every two months {usualy 6 loads are done in an average month} and she doesnt seem to so much as care about the condition of the house.

Sometimes I think maybe I am just being selfish wanting her to do the dishes and laundry and take out the trash every once in a while, but I was always lead to believe that the mother was supposed to do these things, and bear in mind I am not intending to sound sarcastic when I say that.

And whenever I try to talk to her about doing the chores and say that it makes me unhappy to always do these thing she always responds with "Well I'm just going to be happy anyways" and hums an tune she knows annoys me, and seems to take pleasure in doing so.

For the record I am 15 I dont have a problem doing my fair share of the choirs but I think that I shouldnt have to do all of them. {I dont know maybe I am just venting but a responce would be greatly appreciated}

Well, my mom just got a new desk job and she is actualy pretty happy about that, It is a regular 8-5 job, 40 hrs a week deal. I know mom's arnt perfect but it would be nice if she tried, I guess I want advise on how to approach her in telling her that I want her to do a share of the work. My mom and dad dont live together anymore for the last four years, so that makes it a little harder to get a ride anywere. So cant expect to get everywere I want to go.