I am not sure what to do about my Family

Okay, this may be long...but I have no clue as to what to do. My Mother has 3 other siblings...but my Mom has been the "black sheep" of the family for a really long time...and rightly so. I am not sure at what point this has happened...but she pretty much stopped talking to any of my Aunts and Uncles....she doesn't call them or visit them or help them out when they need it (support). They do not like her, and have actively voiced this to me. I don't like my mother sometimes! But I have always stayed in reletively close contact with them.

Last December, my great Uncle got sick with cancer...but he is doing better right now. I knew he was in the hospital, but I didn't get a chance to see him. I did ask how he was doing on several occations. I emailed Aunt #1 about aunt # 2...saying that I was getting the feeling for the past year or so that aunt #2 was less warm with me, and a little short with me. Aunt # 1 said that she gets upset sometimes when I don't call her back when she calls...and that neither me or my family (Mom and Dad) have been very supportive with my Great Uncle. My Great Uncle needs his groceries taken to him....and cannot do a lot of things himself anymore (he can't drive anymore). She also made mention about when I don't call her, or email her back (Aunt#1)

Well, needless to say, I am a little confused. Aunt # 2 hasn't called ME in over a year (I ALWAYS call them)....they never call me! Never just to see how I am doing or anything. Same with Aunt #1....they seem to be making it sound like THEY are always initiating and making effort when they aren't. I feel like they are casting me into the same mold as my mother....like I am just like her or something.

This year has been terrible. From January to April I was working 40 hours a week, going to school fulltime, studying, and fighting with my fiance. I do not drive, and the University is an hour and a half bus ride...my work was an hour back in the other direction.

In May (until September) started working midnights...I don't get home 'till 6am....I get up go to the gym then go to work....and the cycle starts again. At the end of June, my Fiance (of 5 years)broke up with me, nobody called to see how I WAS doing.....I told them all about it less than a week after it all happened.

I spent the school year dealing with Stress (my relationship not working out....would would fight before every exam/paper etc), depression, working too much, major problems at work, financial problems....god the list could go on and on. It just makes me feel like I should be dropping everything to run to them, when they do not reciprocate...I am sorry....but I have had a full plate, and wasn't thinking of my Uncle (we are not close)

I am not sure what to do....because they make me feel so guilty...like I somehow don't care about my family. I am afraid to bring this up, as they will just get mad at me...and it will make things worse. I don't want them to accuse me of being selfish...because I don't think I am/was. I don't know what to do...this is making me feel absolutly horrible. Can anyone help?

Maybe you should disconnect from them. There was obviously a reason your mom did. I had to from my family because, it isn't always the brady bunch. I talk to my immediate family. But I can't see any of my cousins, aunts, etc. because they are so catty and make me feel down. So I feel better not associating. And I don't feel guilty because I am not letting them put me down this way. It may be the same for you??