"Marriage Material"

I have been in contact with my ex a lot lately and we talk all the time about how life is and how we have changed and everything. I recently decided to do the NO CONTACT thing with him because of the advice received on this forum. Anyways on to the other story. So we were talking the other day and he was telling me that I am much different from his friends and I have a different kind of fun with him. Im the type of girl he doesnt like taking to Parties because its not my lifestyle and Im the kind of girl that he would rather sit at home with on the couch and watch movies and go bowling and things that are more low key because he looks at me and can see that I dont have fun at parties with him because he ends up getting drunk and he doesnt want me to have to deal with him like that. Then he told me Im more of a "marriage material" girl. I kinda know what this means. Does anyone have any input on what that means also why do guys usually start to become more interested in hanging out with the "marriage material" girls? Im 19 and I find that guys over 25 usually find me in better company than guys my age. Should I just wait for this guy to come around until he is ready for the marriage material girl. It hurts to hear that he wouldnt take me to parties because that is what my age group does, but I guess Im too responsible for that....I need input......THANKS!

I would get out and enjoy yourself, your far to young to be worried about marriage!!. You say it hurts when he wont take you to parties, so you must really want to go. If he says he wont take you because he acts a jerk when he's drunk, hes not really treating you like a lady. Is HE marriage material is the question you need to ask.

Marriage material, grrr. I hate this term with a passion, although it is a huge compliment I suppose, from a guy's perspective? I hear this alot from my guy friends as well, in regards to myself. Or they say I'm a 'keeper'. Which, translated loosely, means; we don't want to be with you right now because we want to have fun with bar sl*ts for as long as we can, then we expect you to be waiting around for us when we're ready to finally commit, if ever.