Overprotective Parent

This might get kinda long.

My mother hasn't been a real mother figure until last year when she found out that I lost my virginity to a 18 yr old. Now she is trying to make up for lost time and tell me how to live my life but she doesn't realize that I'll be leaving for college next summer and I'm the person who I am going to be. She is very religious and believes in everything that our pastor says and believes that he always knows what's right and I'm not downing that because I believe that he has a lot of wisdom but I think there are somethings that a parent needs to handle and not take to her pastor.

Okay here is the real issue. I want to tell her that I'm dating this guy. He's my age and I don't plan on having sex for a long time, so that's not something she'll have to worry about. I want her to know that I am mature now, and I've learned from my own mistakes and that she needs to let me live or else I'll be gone once I go to college and I won't come back to see her and I'll go and live with my father.

How do I tell her that in the most reverent, respectful, way possible and without her losing her mind and putting me on punishment and all that type of stuff.

Jaiva

I want to tell her that I'm dating this guy. He's my age and I don't plan on having sex for a long time, so that's not something she'll have to worry about. I want her to know that I am mature now, and I've learned from my own mistakes and that she needs to let me live

I think you honestly have it right there. That to me is respectful. My kids are alot younger than you, but I know when it comes time for them to leave, its going to be hard.

You may not realize it, but I bet the reason she has become over-protectant is because she realizes that she is getting ready to loose you. On top of what I quoted from you, I would just tell her you love her, and by you going away, making your own choices, shes not going to loose you. By controlling your life, she may.