Why are guys attracted to sweet and innocent girls?

I have a question. Are there any guys out there who prefer sassy, experienced girls with a wild streak?

I know I'd be deathly bored with an innocent guy.

I definitely prefer sassy women. How much experience and how wild? Not sure. I'd be hypocritical if I didn't allow her to have some.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry beec but you ever you meet in life starts as sweet but eventually can change before your eyes into a chameleon and then you really see them for what they are.

Some people like me who did not want to be angry all the time eventually change and be a better person.

I am a really nice person but I refuse to allow anyone to use me ever .

My ex is a sweetheart until his

true colors came out.

Could I see it before no! But now what he shows to me might not be present to someone else. That is what Imeran I hope this makes sense. to you.Beec.

You can have a nice quiet virgin girl but then when the real part of them comes out then you will know. for sure

fantasia2004,

I recognize that people can change. I realize that some hide their true colors. But I think we judge by what we know and see. So we look for certain things and judge based on that, and if it changes it just stinks.

But what else do we have to judge on besides what they have shown us and are showing us now?

I'm not entirely sure why I prefer quiet, sweet girls. I guess it's because they have more of a caring persona. I'm just more comfortable doing quiet, romantic things like watching the sunset and stuff as opposed to partying and getting drunk. Sweet girls fit into the former category more than the latter one.

It seems to me that people are so afraid of change. For my part, one of the reasons that I want to get married is so that I can be with that person as they change. It's one thing if the person isn't true to life from the beginning. But if we're talking about people changing over time, I don't see what's so bad about it. Life is about learning and adapting. And once again I apologize for not making any sense.

As far as the original topic is concerned, I think that this is one of those questions that can't be universally answered.

Is it even true that guys want nice girls in the first place? I'd say it's quite a shaky statement.

To be honest, i personally don't prefer nice girls... they're somewhat... less aware of what's out there. And since i'm evil and she's nice, it's not easy for us to communicate.

I perfer outgoing/smart type of girls, but without the characteristics of always challenging what you say... not too smart

Because who wants a mean, uncaring, selfish girl?

lol, well, said. Basically the opposite of what many younger girls want in a guy (/me ducks from the stones about to be thrown at me from the girls )

I just like small, pretty, mature girls, who are loving and caring. I don't want some loud mouth, arrogant, selfish cow. And I don't want to control them as one girl suggested is perhaps the reason. I want my relationship to be 50/50, and in the bedroom the dominate role would be nice at a 50/50 level to. Some girl throwing me around the bedroom sounds fun

of course we differ, all i'm trying to get at is that the statement is not always true. In fact, i would claim that it doesn't apply to the majority of the guys. I monitor my own feelings all the time and even if a lot of guys might disagree with me, I gotta say that nice girls aren't as attractive as the ones who does not behave nice. Which types of girls usually get all the attentions? the nice ones? i don't think so. It's either the pretty one, or the outgoing ones. Nice girls stay quiet, and nobody really notice them.

This topic has it's own truth, but it's misleading even though it didn't claim that "ALL" guys are attracted to nice girls

I think you're right in a sense that they first appeared to be more attractive. Not only that, if you're with a group of friend and one or two girl doesn't appear to be talking as much... you notice them a lot more and even have this desire to initiate and take care of them. Perhaps my claim that most guys like smart/extrovert girls will just lead to much arguments and that i'm projecting my preference onto "most guys"...

What i'm trying to get at is that if all the other factors disregarded (ie. appearance, age etc..), and if a smart & extroverted girl's attention is on you, they really do elevate your mood. From what you're saying, it sounds like some guys like it better if they can take care of introverted girls.

btw, take note that extroverted does not mean they are the opposite extreme of nice, quiet, etc...

in my personal opinion that is based on personal experience, i prefer the quiet, nice girls because they are seemingly less needy or one could say less "high-maintenance" and more independent and smart and a lot of times have a better sense of humor and in my class at school the girls belong to one of three groups.

1) the girls that go out and get drunk every weekend and date the guys that do the same and end up getting pregnant and labeled wh*re. most of these girls are unbelievably beautiful, yet very high-maintenance. i'm not rich... dont have enough money for these girls.

(i dont need a baby or have my parents hear that im dating a wh*re and besides, im a straight "A" student that is out for 4 sports and start varsity on all of them and i dont need to get drunk and f*ck all of that up)

2) the girls that are fun loving but less risky and would rather go watch a movie and have a slumber party then go out and get drunk every weekend. these girls are the more innocent, shy, smart, funny, independent ones that i would want to date if one of them would have me.

3) the girls in between... one weekend the designated driver and the next weekend with the other girls having a slumber party...

I guess the reason i want a nice innocent girl is cuz im a nice innocent guy and they are ?less of a risk?

sorry it was so long... thats my 2, 3, or 4 cents

yes, I prefer the wuite types too, but not too quite.

I like girls that only wear makeup on special occations, and not just to go to the store.

besides these girls are likely to cheat and lie to you.

While in the other hand the wild girls go out and party and might hook up with some stranger.

Just be yourself, and don't try to hard to impress a guy, usually if a guy is interested in you they won't care what you wear.

Ok, here is what I look for in girl (physicaly)

* Clean, she took a shower

* shaved, some girls forget to shace their arm

* nice pluged eyebrows

* clean clothe

* cloth that matches, and doesn't hurt your eye (many girls don't have a problem with this)

* well comb hair, doen't matter if its tied or loose, as long as it doen't look like you just woke up

* nice cut nails, both fingers and feet

Thats basictly it, its really not that hard, I'm not asking for girls to wear a $200 dress, or put a whole jar of makeup.

For personality I prefer these...

Loyal

loving, a girl that likes to cuddle a lot and kiss

funny, a girl that has a sense of humor

Thats basictly it really, it just happeneds that these quite inocent girls have these qualities. But it doen't limited them to those type a girls.

You know, I am going through a tough time. I am not sure what you could classify me as. I am , or was, definitely a goody two shoes. Straight As, not a lot of makeup, sports, no drugs, no serious flirting. Then I moved to Switzerland, and now I just don't know. I am still a goody-two-shoes on the outsides and around my family, but I seem to want to flirt with every guy I meet! And it is tearing my brain apart!

Nothing wrong with flirting. Flirting makes use feel attractive. Don't be a tease though, don't flrit with a guy who has no chance if he makes a move on you. Note: I am not advocating any sex, but a response appropriate for your age.

Someone earlier said that the reason guys are drawn to the nice and innocent ones is because they have a more motherly persona, which makes them appear more suitable to take care of the children. I would have to agree, and I also think that when most guys are presented with the opportunity to have a wonderfully sweet and caring girl, they'll know she'll be too good to pass up. So the innocent, reserved and caring girl is seen as the type of girl that would be better at maintaining a relationship, although some guys might want one just to take advantage.

Hey search,

Ya, my problems have been solved. I am 14, just entering highschool and talked with another friends about it. She said it hit in January for her. Just a hormonal thing! Your right, though, it is the puberty thing. Just didn't quite expect it, you know? I have never been interested in guys before, then whoa, flirting!

Men like nice innocent girls... this is why i have no boyfriend... im just mad I feel sick when I see all the girls at partys and all they are doing is sitting next to their boyfriends being pretty, its not fun at all. Id hate to be someones piece of show off material. Thats not life. There should be some guys who want someone wild and crazy and im just waiting for them. I dont have the sweetness and motherly care most of these nice straight haired girls do .. .but hell I can put up a good time lol When I was seeing some one at a festival they wanted me to stand next to them all the time and hold their hand. No way I wanted to dance!

Im nice really after you get passed the pointless banter and hangovers at weekends 8) Sweet inocent girls... you may get all the men but none of you have lived until youve spent 14 hours dancing to ear splitting music dressed in everything pink and fluffy

• 2 weeks later...

Its down to the our basic, primital instincts, and who we want to for us and to parent our children. Women want a guy who can protect them and their children in any secure way possible, financially, physically etc. The guy who fits this frame now days is a rich guy, strong guy, badboy.

Guys want a girl who they can be open with emotionally, a female whos understanding and they can come home to, and whom will look after and raise their child in a posotive way. The girl who fits that frame is the clever, innocent, sweet and emotional girl.

Masculine and feminine. We are complete opposites, yet we compliment each other perfectly.

As a guy, I must say that it's mainly the challenge that sparks the initial attraction. By saying sweet and innocent I assume that you are speaking of girls who have never before been in a relationship.

These girls may have liked someone before, but are all too aware and apprehensive of the emotional consequences of being in a relationship. For guys, this is the part that turns us crazy:

She may really like you, and vice versa. Both of you know that. But whenever you take a step forward, she will take a step back. She's afraid of commitment because of the emotional baggage that it will bring along. In short, she's not ready. Not yet anyway.

I suppose this is where the challenge arises, to convince her that you're sincere, serious, and willing to guide her along, step by step. To make her accept you.

May I be allowed to add that I feel it's despicable to go after a girl just for the challenge: After breaking her down, convincing her that you're sincere abt her, you dump her once there is no other challenge. This is not the way a gentleman should act.

I expect guys who go after sweet and innocent girls to be mature enough to see beyond the challenge, and ask themselves the same questions that these girls ask, namely: Do I really like her? Is there potential for to develop further? Or am I doing it just for the challenge?

If you are only doing it for the challenge, the best advice I can give you is, f*** off. Rumours will spread faster than you think. Before long what's left of your reputation will be gone too.

Sweet and innocent girls are seen as easy to handle. Presumably, they look great (girl-next-door), too.

I used to be more sweet and innocent. Then I went out with guy who was bad news. Instead of feeling taken care of, I had to fight to be treated fairly in the relationship. Then he turned around and said he was looking for a more submissive woman.

What I'm saying is, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be with someone sweet and innocent. But if a guy only dates her for easy security and no fuss, that's not good.

Nowadays, my ideal guy is one who wants to have a good relationship and is willing to work with me to have it. Not everyone's willing to do that. Some just want a trophy gf/wife.

• 1 year later...

because majority of the people who are 21+ and still a virgin are guys, and they deserve to share an experience with another fellow sweet & innocent girl

but nice guys come last, and we'll never have our share (now dont give me that whole girls aren't property crap - i already know that). i dont want just love. i want real first love - first love

to girls: to those of you who party alot and happen to find a virgin guy - please don't take it away. give him to someone you know who is a virgin so they can share a better mutual experience..

I didn't read the whole thread, but my answer is:

I want a sweet girl, because I personally loath all the culture of being wild, drinking, acting b*tchy etc.

An example, there was a girl at school who I thought was very decent person and who liked me and I liked her. Well, good for me I didn't ask her out 'cause I just recently saw her getting totally drunk and acting like a b*tch basically. The moment I saw that, I wasn't interested her anymore, not a bit. I mean, sure she might be nice when she's not drunk but I don't want someone who gets drunk like that (of course you can drink but not get drunk )