How to get a toddler off the bottle? Potty Trainning?

My daughter is 15 months old and she is still on the bottle. I wanted to get her off last month, but now she uses it to sleep at night. How do I get her off the bottle. Does any body have any tips?

Also another question. I told the doctor that I have already started to potty train my daughter. Just by getting her used to sitting on the toilet. Is it to early and is it bad to start to early. By the way there is no forcing at all in volved. I asked her if she wants to go potty then she grabs her little toilet seat and trys to put in on the toilet. I set her on there with a book and let her bee until she wants off weather or not she went pee or not. then I give her a square of toilet paper and she knows what to do with it.

Just wondering if this is a good or bad idea to get her familiar with it.

Hi,

Have you tried giving her a drinking cup instead? If you don't have any then tell her that "she is a big girl now and bottles are for babies" then take her to the store and ask her to choose her drinking cup. You want to get her involved because when you come back home she is going to help you throw out her old bottles.

When she asks for her bottle that night gently remind her that she is a big girl and " we threw out the bottles, remember?" She will probably fuss and cry for awhile.

Make sure you put her favorite juice in the drinking cup this will help too.

I think you are doing ok on the potty training, but one square is not enough!

My daughter was very attached to her bottle at night too. I tried sippy cups but the flow was always too fast. Then I found this one at Wal-mart : Grip n Sip, the cost at Wal-mart where I am is 97 cent. It has a no drip stopper that prevents it from flowing out freely. So if she's laying down it's not going to choke her. The liquid has to be sucked out.

I found a picture of it on this site, it's the one on the top.

link removed

The potty training at this point is okay since it doesn't seem to be bothering her.

I would get a sippy cup like others suggested. At this age, still being on the bottle may begin to damage their teeth. I don't know if you've ever seen someone with a "rainbow" like curved shape to their teeth, but that is what it is from. Try telling her at the beginning of the day that there will be no more bottles. Don't wait until bedtime because this is their security, just let it ease into bedtime. When you get the cup, get her a big girl toy to sleep with. This could help take the place of that bottle.

Potty training is definitely a good idea to begin. Be PATIENT she may make you think she is trained and then go back to diapers. That is what my son did, but it all worked out!!!

Have you tried to give her milk, juice and the good stuff in her sipper cup and at night only give her a little water in her bottle? Eventually she will see that she isn't getting too much out of the bottle situation. Also i agree that the sipper cup at night with water only would be a substitute.

About the potty training...My daughter was potty trained by 18 months by just letting her experiement by see what mommy and daddy did. They want to grow up and not have wet on their skin all day!

Good luck