Ask For Advice

Thread: Women, please! What's the Attraction to a Bad Boy?

brucethescot

Women, please! What's the Attraction to a Bad Boy?

My EX and I parted after 15 years together just over 2 weeks ago. There has been NC since.

My EX originally first told me she 'wanted to be alone" and wanted to try to make it on her own for the 1st time in her life. By the time we actually parted, she told me she was with the OM. (so much for wanting to be alone). She also told me that, for the first time in her life, she was going to do for her instead of everyone else. This, from a gal who was THE MOST SELFLESS person I know. Honest!

Now women out there especially, pleeeeze help me understand this.....I'm sure you've known of this occurring with girls you've known.

The OM is a real "bad boy" and my EX knows it completely. She told me all about this dude. First my EX is 44, he is 39. He's not much to look at either...both arms with tattoos from shoulder to wrist. He is an ex felon, arrested 11 times over 18 years. He is a psychotic and alcoholic having been admitted for treatments many times over the years. In fact my EX helped get him admitted for several days as recently as 2 weeks before we split. He has 2 ex wives and kind by both. he can't keep up with child support. He can't keep a job. His transportation is a motorcycle. She drives him around in her car.

On the other hand, I am an attractive, educated, intellgent, hard working normal male. I am the exact opposite of the OM in every way. I provided for us and anything my EX made in her job was her's. We never had a harsh word between us in 15 years. I'd say there was always mutural respect.

My EX is a VERY attractive, caring, sensitive, selfless woman. She has always shown good judgment in our 15 years and even told me she knows the OM isn't any good for her. But he loves her (so she says) and I overheard her on the phone saying she loved him.

So, ladies in particular, what in the world would motivate my EX to do what she's doing with this dude? Oh sure, he likely saw she was vulnerable and gave her the attention she felt was lacking. I won't deny that possibilty. But why with such a real, real "bad boy?"

One other thing...the people my EX has be-friended are low lifes whose 2 main food groups are beer and cigarettes. She spends her time with this kind of trash. What gives?

TheDoctor
    Silver Member

T

Girls flirt with the bad boys but they go home to the nice guys....your ex has it visa versa at an age a little to old to mess with. Maybe mid life?

Scout
    Didn't you already post about this under a different name??

brucethescot
    Hi Doc!

Midlife Crisis indeed. It turns out that I found something that describes all of her other behavior that fits a MLC to a T.

Another thing I "just" learned is that someone will low self esteem would be inclined to do such a thing too.

Thanks for your feedback!

Francis
    I've never been attracted to "bad boys" but I have a wonderful, responsible and educated father. I have read that women are attracted to men that somewhat ressemble to their father either physically or morally. Apparently, if they were used to a man who abused the mother verbally or physically, they will have a tendency to assimilate aggression to masculinity and find more sophisticated men effeminate.

brucethescot
    Francis,

Interesting insight. Thanks.

I do recall my EX telling me (when she said it was over) that a turning point in her life had occurred a few months earlier when her father died. She never loved him and probably almost hated him. He always cheated on his wife (my EX mother), and was never there for the kids. That said though, there are no ther similarities to my EX's bad boy...other than he's just NG.

Hmm.

Top Threads
Really need advice on this situation with my Ex-Girlfriend
Weíre both 32 and been together for 6 years. We both committed many mistakes during the last period of the relationship, and we lived
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
should i unblock my ex
My ex and I have been together for 3 years. we broke up on July and since then he blocked me for solid two months from everywhere. Until on September
My ex is moving away soon but I'm still in love with him
So, long story short, my ex broke up with me about two and a half months ago and I'm still not over him. When we first broke up he said that he
He won't leave this girl alone
So my ex and I broke up this year. We have been staying in contact and have been friends. I found out he was having Sex with another girl and was
Going through a rough time
My ex of almost three years just ended it last Tuesday, he has always had problems with my drive and ambition and this is not the first time he has

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice