Mom in denial, and job at stake

Well i decided to get some opinions on this one. I told my mother a week ago i was pregnant. She wasn't totally fine with it but didn't yell or scream or walk away, she just sat there. So now when i want to ask her questions all she says is "i don't think you are" and changes the subject. This really bothers me because i feel like i'm on my own here and don't have my mom to talk to about the one thing that mothers and daughters should be able to talk about and share.

With that aside i'm also having conflict dealing with work. Currently my insurance stinks and i know theres no way it'll even cover half of the future medical bills. I talked to a midwife and she suggested waiting to see a doctor up to 10 to 12 weeks until i get things straightened out. She also said i should try to get on an alternative insurance program.

The problem comes with the fact that my bf wants me to move closer to him and with that move i have to quit my job. The job is actually pretty good. I get decent pay and it's somewhat easy work, it's just the insurance sucks. Being already 7 weeks, my time is running out. I pretty much have a month to get insurance, give my two week notice, find another job and a place to live. And the sad part is this is one of those things i would like to talk to my mom about but obviously can't. So i'm talking to you guys. I'm so stressed out right now. Every option i try to go for it seems like theres always another problem blocking it. For example my bf still hasn't told his parents yet, which, his mom has offered me her upstairs before and i would like to discuss all of this with her and especially since she was on alternative insurance when she had her last son but can't because of my bf.

So right now i'm kind of stuck and not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dear StarBrite:

First, I would try to find a quiet time to talk with your mom and try to get her to understand that you really need her help. Maybe even go to the extreme and show her your pregnancy test. Also most counties offer free pre-natal care. You can also look into the Public assistance office to see if you qualify for state aid insurance.

As far as your job goes and the move maybe you and your bf need to look at who has the better job and decide who should move based upon the finances. He really needs to talk to his parents. You both will need all the support you can get. I can tell you from experience that raising children is not easy and having been a young mother myself I think that it is twice as hard. I hope that I helped. Best wishes to you.

Peace and blessings,

evepm

Hello

At least you at talking about it and that is a good thing. Sorry about your mom, if I had to take a wild guess this would be my guess. Your mom loves you very much and more than likely she feels this is going to destroy your future. I have found that many women got pregnant by accident and keep it a secret, your mother may be one of them. This truly might have very well been the case with your mom. She just might not really want to talk about it, but I'm sure she can see the writing on the wall and the fix you are in. As far as moving, well as long as you have your boyfriends support behind you. Insurance might pose a problem and you may have to apply for state aid. I would look into it and start the process as soon as possible and not wait till the last minute. Don't give up on your mom just yet, see if you can get her to sit down and have a real heart to heart with her. Tell her you respect her opinion and that you are very scared and confused and just want to do the right thing for all parties involved. And that you would like to have her support and any suggestions she may have for you and the baby. Good luck ......

I wish you well, you will be added to my late night prayers.

God bless

Kuhl

8)