I Want A Summer Job!

I was wondering if anyone knows of any place that is hiring in the Zanesville, Ohio area? I am 14 years old boy and really I want & need a job. My friend and I are doing this grass cutting business but it just isn't working, we have over 20 signs put up all over town and we have have 3 different yards that we cut a week and they don't pay very much after we split the money. Please let me knwo if you know of any web site I can check out or any place that you think is hiring. Thanks!

I don't know of any websites you could use, but perhaps you should try checking in your local newspaper. I'm pretty sure most jobs require you you to be at least 16, but there's always things like delivering newspapers or picking strawberries! Another good opportunity would be working for your community centre; maybe a scorekeeper for baseball games or something. When you're older and looking for a job employers tend to value this very much since you worked for the city (at least that's how it is here in Quebec).

Try this website... link removed it offers teen work & summer jobs.

The lawn service should be a good idea, maybe post flyers in local churches (for elderly who can't cut their own lawns) and will need driveway's shoveled as well during winter months. You can also try targeting marketing agencies who want flyers disbributed to homes, retails stores or placed on car windshields.

If you have the urge to become an "Entrepreneur"...you can build a Clientele by offering "pet sitting" (taking care of people's pets while they are out of town)....but you will need to show responsibility and after you have built your reputation, you can use them as a "reference". Or, perhaps homes and retaile stores who need their window's cleaned.

Good luck!

Woobiegirl