Parents are annoying

Ok, my parents are trying to set me up with this girl from their church. BUT, for the past week I've been talking to a wonderful girl from collegel. We have almost EVERYTHING in common and she is very cool. We were suspose to go on a date tonight but her dad was in town for the night so she wanted to see him. Anyways, my parents for some reason think she is lying (and a psycho on top of it) and they are trying to set me up with this church. I'm sure shes a nice girl but I don't feel that way about her, plus, we have nothing in common. I mean my dad had the nerve to suggest that I "laid some groundwork" with the church girl, just in case me and Amber (thats the gir I likel) don't work out. Ok this annoys me to no end. This is the LAST time I come home for the weekend. So whats a polite but powerful way for me to tell my parents to back off?

I'd suggest you do exactly what you said, tell them to back off. Don't be rude, but tell them that you don't like this girl at church, and that they can't choose who you should date. Ask them how they'd feel if their parents tried to set them up with other people that they didn't like.

I find that to be the most effective way to get parents to back off. Ask them how they'd feel in the same situation.

I dont agree with your parents trying to push you into anything & I also think you should tell them how you feel. But.....

Have you ever met this girl from church? My motto on blind dates is that all you haveto lose is a few hours of your time. & even if things dont work out, you may stiill get a new friend out of the deal.

jessijess, I'm sorry but I don't do that. I am with Amber and I will remain with Amber ONLY. Yes I have talked to this girl before I met Amber and we have nothing in common. I don't feel attracted to her like I feel attracted to Amber. So there we go. So if I go on this "blind date" I have more than a few hour to lose. I may lose Amber to, and I'm not willing to risk that. My motto is: "One girl and one man relationship, from beginning to end."