"couple" for 1 year already -- havent seen each ot

hi. here goes my story.

i dont usually chat with evryone. i usually just get interested when someones opens up his heart to me.. (i.e. heartbreaks). i play this shoulder-to-cry-on role.

then one night, there's this one guy who IMed me after i left the chat room. he got me interested after sometime. he went through a break up a few months back. they were together for 5 years, 1 year engaged. sadly, then girl broke it off. so again, im playing this shoulder-to-cry-on thingy.

we chatted for like 5 hours until he just disappeared. i heard from him a week after, he got disconnected last time, thats why he disappeared. we chatted until the early hours of the morning, and before we said goodbye, he said, "i think im inlove with you." of course i dismissed it. days passed before we chatted again. this time, we exchanged mobiles. soon after, we've been texting whole day, everyday aside from our chats.

to fast forward things, we became a "couple" after 5 months, though we havent seen each other yet, though we exchanged pics. now the problem is, my mom disapproves of this and him. i can't even persuade him to see her so i gave up convincing him. and he lives just in the next city.

now, we're celebrating our first year as a "couple" yet we havent seen each other yet. i know that i love him, and i believe him when he says he loves me. i've never been this happy before. he makes me feel special. he's also made me cry a number times, and broke up a few times, but we always keep on comin back to each other. he said he'll wait for me till i finish school, and thats only 9 months away, so we've decided not to see each other, though we've attempted a few times already.

now my dilemma is, im confused wether i should still go on with this. im following what my heart tells me, but my mind says otherwise. also by doing this, im cheating on my mom. and i really feel guilty about it.

so what do i do? do what's making me happy or follow what my mom wants -- get him out of my life?? and be miserable...

Based on what you say, I'd say don't let your mum run your life, make up your own mind because if its meant to be then you dont want to give that up for anything. My G/f and I had the same thing with her mum not approving. She broke up with me, realised it was a mistake and now we are together and stronger than ever and her mum has learnt to accept me as a part of her daughters life

we're past that IMing thing already. we send SMS and call each other evry day. like every hour.. it seems like an hour wouldnt pass by without any of us texting or calling each other... thats how attached we are to each other already..

You know you don't need no advice! you're determined!

You're sure you love him and that you don't want to leave him for what your mum says..

I think that she'll learn to accept it when she knows how happy you are with him.. and apparently she already does a bit or else how could you be talking every hour of the day (i guess not without her knowing!).. after all she only wants the best for you and if he's a good guy then she'll let you be with him...

Best of luck

• 2 weeks later...