When More Than Just One Person Is Involved

I am 22 years old and 24 weeks pregnant by my ex. I never wanted the relationship to end and now I am facing raising a child alone and still head over heels for him.

I think that he got scared by the idea of fatherhood and that is playing a big part. I also think that he will regret it if he does not become involved. I love him very much and for the past 2 months we have been broken up, I can't even look at other men and my only wish is to be a family like we planned.

I want to know how to try and get back with him without shaking the ground too much. I don't want to risk scaring away a man who is already afraid to be a father right now. I desperately need help.

My baby is due in 3 months and I don't know how to go about things.

Please help...

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Congratualtions with your baby coming soon. A new life!

I'll be direct and tell you what I feel, okay?

You seem to be really aware that you want to give your partner some space to "digest" his fatherhood. That's very good and respectful. The wisest option. If you push him, it will be your will against his will. He will shut down and defend himself.

On the other hand, if you let him 100% free, I feel his awareness might rise in him and he will wake up to this opportunity.

Guys can freak out in situations like these. I don't see in him a rejection from you. I see a struggle to digest what is happening.

In what you write, there is an immense respect and love. Stay focused on that and trust. Eventually, message him every now and then. A word of what is happening. No demand, no request.

The number one place where you find your strength and power is in yourself. That's your core. That's your center.

Good luck with that and stay in touch

vitalcoach