Why do people advert there eyes, loss of eye contact

I was just wondering why people in gernal lose eye contact wiht people. Is it they are embarest or something. but why do people not like to keep eye contact. I mean not when they are distracted or anything thing like that. For example i will be talking to some one and there will be nothing in the room that could be distracting and they can't keep eyecontact for more than a second. why is this. I am just wandering why

Any advice on this or your examples of why you drop eye contact will be gratly apreceated

Thanks

I can only keep eye contact with my gf. I think it's because we care for eachother. I think constant eye contact shows you have in interest in someone or you're just really into what they are saying and people just aren't like that, they only keep eye contact with someone they like.

Hope I helped.

Sometimes I look away because I don't want to get into a staring contest with the other person. LOL. No, really. I don't like it when the other person just stares and stares. It's normal to glance at a person's chin or ear or whatever, to break to uncomfortableness of locking eyes.

I also avert my eyes when I perceive the other person is feeling uncomfortable, for the same reason.

Eyes should be used to express and communicate, not to mechanically make a 'connection.' They naturally roll up when laughing, for example. Locking eyes almost comes accross as unnatural, IMHO.

If someone can't keep eye contact for a second, it could be they are embarrased/nervous/uncomfortable, or they are listening intently (some people look down when they think). Also, in some cultures, it's not appropriate to make a lot of eye contact.

BTW, cute chipmunk picture.

Lack of confidence can be a reason esp. with guys...but in general the more confident the person the better their eye contact...but it does seem unnatural to get into long eye contact with someone other than your sig. other....it's definitely a connection thing...

constant eye locking is something that is considered intimate. But I've learned ALOT of things by watching someone's eyes. top 3 things I watch for in the eyes is the level of intimatcy, lying, and what type of person they are.

Duration of eye contact deterimes most amount of intimacy / connection so thats easy.

Another little 2nd check is which way they break their eyes after being locked. If they look up or look around when they break contact, they are a visual type of person. They most likely like the arts. Someone who breaks contact by looking down is an emotionally based person. They like romance and are passionate. Looking away and crooking head so that an ear is directed at the others face is a sign they are audible type. They like music mostly.

When im with my GF, I noticed i tend to drop my head down (as if looking at my heart) When im with my neighbors or their band, I do kinda tilt an ear forward. Kinda strange but you can tell how to connect to that person

Now about lying. If the person has to recall a story, watch where their eyes go. if they go up and to your left, they are accessing their storage in their brain. IF they look up and to your right, they are starting their imagination part. Try it. Think of your 1st pet, or your 1st crush. What color was their hair? you might have caught yourself accessing your storage. Now make up some story about something youve always wanted to do. Give VERY specific details like what you were wearing or who was there with you. Might see you making that up

Just some of the things I can see in the eyes