Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: HE WANTS TO GET MARRIED BUT HE HASN'T PROPOSED?

I can relate to the bolded point you brought up. My best friend from high school just got engaged. I wanted to be happy for her, but somehow i couldnt be. She started dating her fiance a year after i started dating my bf, and i just thought, wow why dont i get that? Trying to stay positive is the hardest part

I know how you (and countryHgirl) feel. In the time that my partner and I have been together, I've seen many couples that met years after we got together, getting married and having kids. Some have even married and divorced! I wouldn't want that obviously but it's strange to see how so many relationships have progressed and changed whereas mine has just stood still. In my case it's my own fault though because I didn't want marriage for years and it's only recently that I've change my mind. Oh well

We've been together almost 11 years and although I'm slightly sad and dissapointed, I accept the way things are.
    Last edited by Saffron_; 12-13-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Uhhh I've just noticed how old this thread is. Oops!

Originally Posted by Saffron_
    I know how you (and countryHgirl) feel. In the time that my partner and I have been together, I've seen many couples that met years after we got together, getting married and having kids. Some have even married and divorced! I wouldn't want that obviously but it's strange to see how so many relationships have progressed and changed whereas mine has just stood still. In my case it's my own fault though because I didn't want marriage for years and it's only recently that I've change my mind. Oh well

We've been together almost 11 years and although I'm slightly sad and dissapointed, I accept the way things are.
    You make it sound like being 28 means that you're old and decrepit, and out of luck. Not true.

Haha! I don't mean it to sound that way at all. All I mean is that whilst I'm with my current partner, marriage is unlikely to ever happen. Perhaps if I was in a relationship with someone else, marriage would be an option but that's not what I want. I'd rather be with someone I love and not be married that settle for somebody just because they offered marriage. I'm a little dissapointed but I hold no resentment.

Originally Posted by Saffron_
    Haha! I don't mean it to sound that way at all. All I mean is that whilst I'm with my current partner, marriage is unlikely to ever happen. Perhaps if I was in a relationship with someone else, marriage would be an option but that's not what I want. I'd rather be with someone I love and not be married that settle for somebody just because they offered marriage. I'm a little dissapointed but I hold no resentment.
    Why not have the best of both?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Give Advice
Ask For Advice