Thread: how to act after being dumped

how to act after being dumped

well my gf of over a year dumped me a few days ago. She went on a trip to florida with some people from her swim team and apprently she found someone she likes better and has now cast me aside. She says she wants to be friends but in school shes very grouchy towards me. Im still hurting but when im around her should i try to act friendly or just keep my distance?

I guess that counts as cheating? But who knows.

If I were you I just wouldn't talk to her at all...what for? It only gives you stress, and I can guarantee you that she is only looking out for why don't you do the same? And if she acts y towards you for no reason just tell her to get don't owe her anything anymore....and don't let ppl treat you like that!!!!!!

NO CONTACT RULE. The reason is because if you stay friends with her, it relieves her guilt over the breakup and validates her choice to leave you. She's probably putting you down a lot right now because she has to. Why? She needs to convince herself she's moved on to something better, and is putting herself on a pedastol.

I ramble. But if I were you I just wouldn't talk to her at all for a while. No talking, no phone calls, no MSN, no you can clear your mind.

I agree with bzborow1's ramblings - you owe her nothing. She's the one who left. She just wants to lessen her guilt for letting you go. Don't give her the satisfaction.

When you see her, just act detached, like she's not even there. If she says hi, don't even say hi back. If she confronts you, just knod your head, and then just leave.

Hi yaaaah!
    I'm learning to be myself again.

Third rock from the sun
    Well, you already got good advice here and I do not really have to add anything. I would however not go for straight no contact if you really want to be friends with her. Try to be friendly when she is around, but at the same time try to keep your emotional distance. I know it is really hard to find a balance in doing this. Show her that you do not need her as a friend, so that if she reallt wants you to be a friend she has got to putu some effirt into this. In the end, she was the one to destroy the thing you had, so she is the one to make up for it, right?! So take your time, try to heal, be friendly if you can (and want to)...
    "This feeling of safety that you prize, well it comes at a hard hard price,
    you can't cut off the risk and the pain without losing the love that remains,
    we're all riders on this train..." Bruce Springsteen - Human Touch

Top Threads
Wants forgiveness after 7 months of No Contact
This is my first ever post in any forum. So, I really don't know is this the right category. I was a teacher of a girl for 2.5 years from Class 5
Trying to Stay Strong
So here I am on day 45 of no contact and want to know why, over the weekend, I am feeling worse? Are these just emotions I have to let run their
leave all vengeance.
Well guys, I am sure i am wrong. but somehow i feel justified. A year ago my boyfriend of 8 months prior- cheated on me with my best friend. He
Ex girlfriend dating my best friend
So I slept with my room mates sister and it was just sex. We all have the same friend group but she just got out of a horrible 9 year marriage, he
Getting Dumped & Bruised Ego
This is a general post about being dumped: Has anyone ever got dumped for the first time after always being the dumper? How did it make you
Featured Threads
I'm so sick of dating!
I really DO wonder if I'm supposed to grow old alone, cuz this dating thing is not working for me at all. It shouldn't be so complicated. I cannot
He cancelled two dates in a row - wants to resched - what do I say??
I recently met someone online, and we went out for dinner last thursdsay. It was a good date, and he asked me if I wanted to meet up on the weekend -
My son is 18 today!
A milestone birthday !! My goodness where did the time go??! It still feels like yesterday that he was a baby.
Working on it
I figured I'd right a post to update everyone on my situation. Though I can't quite says that anyone's really dying to know my deal. But I feel like
Could someone give me advice. I'm really scared for some reason.
I have been with my company for 5 years. The same manager almost always the same co worker..they switched out a few people but no one of real