Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 24252627

Thread: 24 and never had a girlfriend

All I can say is that if you go too long without interacting with the opposite sex, such as relationships and sex, you're going to be in a world of hurt. I know a guy who is like 28 and has never had sex or been in a relationship. He is very depressed and that really doesn't help his situation because you can't approach women feeling that way. This is just a simple example, but you can bet the bank that the longer you wait the harder its going to be.

When you get older, you are expected to be "experienced." Women, especially older women, are very turned off by men who are "inexperienced." You don't have to make women your only goal in life, but you better get out there and get some experience unless you want to be alone for the rest of your life, or settle for someone you aren't really into, if at all. Being alone can have a dramatic affect on your well-being, don't fool yourself into thinking you would enjoy it, we are human beings after all. Getting Ready for a First Date

Silver Member
    I say live it up. 8)

hmmm i know how you feel

Hey dave,
    yeah i know how you feel....the funny part is i am normally a really out going person...at least i have been openly for since the 7th grade...before then i was so shy i couldn't speak to any one....now i can and am rather good at making a fool of myself....but my shy streak still leaks out around guys...well guys i like that is... i get all weird ..and i can't talk....and the best i can do is smile and nod...and then run to the nearest restroom to puke.....the first time my best friend set me up with a guy we stayed at her house...over night...and i suppose she expected me to ...well to get everything done....i freaked out...we watched movies..and he tried to initiate conversations...and so on and finally he tried to kiss me...well i kissed him...but when he was done i had to get out of there and get myself to a bathroom so i could pass out privately...it was no a pretty site....so yeah i know where you come from...i don't have much good advice except to maybe keep at it and train yourself to deal with it...it can be done i believe...i sure hope so....lol....also when you find the really perfect girl for you...i think it will be easier...just relax and tell yourself it doesn't matter...if you were having problems talking to someone of your same sex...i would say imagine them naked...because then you can think that they should be more embarrassed than you...but in this case i think that might just excite you...lol....so think of something weird about them....like their clothes are inside out...or (since it's a girl) that they have a mustache....this might cause you to be repulsed...but don't worry the first thing to do is be able to have a conve....then when you are comfortable with the chick ...you can dispense with the mustache...lol...and move on to better things...i hope you get this worked out...(i hope i do too)...lol...good luck

Silver Member
    I just want to say...

I am messed up right now and I don't even realize how many times that **** dog bit my arm while I was there. I didn't even feel it. What the ****. Messed up man...

Ahhhhh!!!

6. 11-30-2008, 08:55 PM

Gold Member
    I have a friend who is overweight and not pleasant to the eyes + english isn't his first language so his speaking is not the easiest on the ear either.

I noticed that when we go out and order food or do something that forces conversation with girls (young ones in particular) they would smile at me and immediate upon seeing and hearing him, they would frown and I don't think they are doing it intentionally.

I think its how some girls just act how they feel and if you pay very detailed attention it would definitely discourage you which is the case with my friend.

On another note I don't have a girlfriend and I'm in mid 20s myself (girls never see me in that way) so the end result I should be equally upset as my friend right? But he is clearly 10x more upset about it because he is always comparing himself to me/other guys, don't do this! If I compared myself to some of the successful/handsome/charming guys I'd be depressed too right? =)

Feel good about yourself and it will help your confidence, I know that a lot of guys freak out when they see a pretty girl (I am definitely one of these guys but fortunately for me the more nervous/shy/intimidated I feel the more confident I act since I "perform under pressure well" but not the case with most people) because you always think shes too good for you and you are thinking that because you are comparing yourself once again.

Put her on the same level as yourself as a equal no matter who she might be and laugh off rejection or things girls might do to hurt you, love is something to find and pursue it usually doesn't fall out of the sky while you do nothing to obtain it (especially true for guys).

*That moment you realize that the posts you're reading are almost 7 years old*

I've read several of these posts and too know what this is like. I've never had a girlfriend or had a kiss with one. I assume maybe I just have bad luck, or something. It sucks because I know people would be super surprised if I ever get one, and when I tell people I don't have one, when they ask, they just say oh poor you. It really doesn't help at all. I am trying now to expand my interests and get back into exercising, but it is not easy when you are surrounded by people who have someone. I know how you all feel. Luckily I've never gotten "are you gay?" question by anybody...yet...

10. 04-24-2012, 04:13 PM

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 24252627

Videos

Why People Lie On Online Dating Services?

Relationships During Quarantine

Cheating Husbands Are at Risk of a Heart Attack

Romance At Work: Yes Or No?

How To Overcome A Divorce

Love Hormone Oxytocin Improves Stressful Relationships
Give Advice
Ask For Advice