Advice on cutting! *maybe cutters can help me with this*

hi

i have recently (past week) started to cut myself for my own personal reasons. and since i dont have much knowledge about it i got 2 questions.

1) where abouts on your wrist are you meant to cut yourself? i am cutting just above the wrist where the main vein is (im saving that for when i kill myself) ya, as i was saying, im cutting a little along the wrist so the vein cant be seen, is that right?

2) this one i need URGENT answer to, do you have any good excuses for getting the cuts on ur arms, no1 knows i do it and have these feelings and if my parents found out i couldnt bear what would happen. so...any good excuses?

Thank YOU!

This is a multi-faceted problem.

First of all, STOP! Do not cut yourself anymore!

The act of cutting is a response to deeper problem, generally the act of replacing emotional pain with physical pain to help cope. Your problems can be worked on without inflicting pain to youself. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you seek help for this. I understand your desire to to hurt yourself, but please, think of people around you who care about you, us included (we are a community after all).

Self-mutilation is not an answer, and your suicidal thoughts need to be addressed. Please think about this before hurting youself any further!

B4RSK22B, Excellent response! What a caring person. He's right. Please don't do that to yourself. Not only will you regret it later, when you have permanant marks, but you'll feel really embarrassed about it afterwards. The scarring isn't worth it honey. Keep your skin nice and beautiful, while you're young and worth it. The scars will only constantly, remind you of your depression. So, don't do it okay?! It's not worth it. I hope that you'll feel better! Take B4RSK22B's word for it. There are lots of people out there, who care for you, and need you, like your parents and family. Take Care okay?! There are so many things in life that's worth living for! -With Much Love, Mahlina

• 2 weeks later...

hi Toggle.

how are you?

you have stopped responding to my private messages... its starting to worry me.

the reason you havent been hearing what you've been wanting is becasue we care about you. no matter how many times you ask, no one here will tell you how to cut yourself. we want to help you, not hurt you.

please write back to me. you started to become a friend, but know i dont know where your head is again. please write me back. and STOP HURTING YOURSELF. it only hurts us to know that our attempts to make someone feel better are failures. ttyl.

Toggle,

Don't do it! Your scars will only serve as a 'reminder' of your past, pain, and suffering! I know, I am ashamed to admit, but I did. I did it as a kid. Going through the pain and trauma that I did. Now that when I look at it, it only serves as a 'constant' reminder of how 'sick' people in life can be! Don't do it! Please do yourself a favor. Heal your wounds inside. Don't take it on yourself physically!

Sincerely,

Mahlina

Well, I will answer your questions, but you have to promise to yourself that you won't kill yourself. Whats the point in cutting yourself up? Seriously, depending on what religion you belong to, think about what will happen after you die? Not only would we all at eNotAlone be really sad, but everyone that cares about you at home would be heart broken. I guess I'll answer your questions, because I did say I would, but if you wan't the answer to #1, why do you care about #2? If you are dead, do you have any excuses you need to make? Dying is not something to take lightly. you got to do some advance planning here. Think about everything you will never do because you are dead. I guess having the knowledge of how to do something will stop you from experimenting, because you can find where all major veins and arteries are on the internet anyway. If you really are so set in your ways that you are going to kill yourself, and no one can convince you otherwise, at least go out with a bang. Don't kill yourself in some room, all alone, with a letter left for your parents to find. If you really want to kill yourself, then go to your school, ask to make a very important announcement, and explain why you are going to what you are planning, and then do something spectacular (don't hurt anyone though) ! At least this way, you will help others to think twice before committing suicide. Slitting your wrists is kind of morbid, but here goes. take a sharp knife, and look for a very blue vein that follows along your whole forearm. About 2 inches from your wrist cut very deep. I beg of you, though, please don't do it! And while there are currently no good excuses, I would say that I wanted to kill myself, got the knife on my wrist, but I just couldn't cut deep enough to kill myself. I hope you don't die, it would make me very sad. But I leave the choice up to you. I cannot force you to do anything, at least make a post if you read this, so I can know if anything has worked. Good Luck

ya newwbie my self

but ya i also just start cutting a few weeks back "just for own personal reasons and i always just feel numb, my self ane way,,, i don't judge Any one so another answer to your question is for NON suicidal Cuts right bellow your wrist are good and easy to hide be ethier long sleves or a wrist band works great, just keep the cuts though on your back side of your arm or where ur veins are easyer to hide in open view, or also cut higher up on your wrist right before your elbo also works but As others here said "please don't kill u self"most cutters are not sucidal!!

oh ya good ecuses would be cat scratches or you acidntly put your hand in a cactius ? i duno??

hi i no how ya feel i have been on and off suicidal since i was in year 7 im in year 9 now but i thought i was doin it wrong aswell but then found out i wasn't when i could not stop my self from bleeding but i do it in them places to yeah ya r doin it right look i no i can not say anythig but i think ya need to try and tlk to some 1 bout it cause i did not then i got so bad i had nightmares and everything ove killing myself and stuff but i had to say to my friends that i did it but most ove them said they know but im not suicidal any more i just myself for anger ya no to let i out but it is getting bad then 1 do i fliped and told me mom and i get help now it is hard work but soe time it makes ya feel good but what im really trying to say is i no what ya goin through and give it thouht ive trying to tlk to some one love ya cassy

i think the reason why i cut is because for all my life i have either been bullied, abused or unable to speak my own mind.

Some time ago i started having viscious anger outbursts when something really stupid happens, because i bottle everything up and have no1 to talk to about my problems.

So i find when i cut myself it feels i get a temporary numness than a boiling feeling inside my stomach of anger and sadness also it feels a way of releasing it temporary otherwise i keep getting viscous.

i guess thats the reason why i do cut. i suppose it would help if i could speak to someone but there is no1 personal to talk to.

Hey, why do you think everyone here is at enotalone? It's so we can talk to you. Our goal is to help people and make them feel not alone. Whenever you need help, feel free to talk to me, or just post another message. Hope you feel better. Oh, and as a side note, I was looking up some stuff on cutting, when you inflict harm on yourself, it gives you an abundance of a certain chemical in your brain. If there is too much of this chemical, then you don't produce as much, and that makes you depressed. Then you need to cut again, and it repeats itself, a never ending cycle.

hey i posted on your topic but they dropped it for cussing or something im gonna make this very clear dont cut yourself! i know its not that simple i do it thats what my dad tells me. ne way i dont want you to cut but if you do i want you to do it right so your safe.

dont cut if you feel you need to harm your self burn your self it is alot less dangerous take a pen and a lighter and melt the tip of the pen and the burn yourself with it and if you deicide to cut do it on the out side of your arms not on the inside near the veins. cat scratches are a good exuse i used it for two and a half years.

i really hope you decide not to kill yourselfand if you do go peacefully take sleeping pills

take care and i am cutting too l8er

ok i used to cut. you don't want to go there.

first of all- the scars are going to stick with you your entire life. they don't go away.

second- i understand what you mean by the bursts of anger thing. me too. dunno if that has anything to do with cutting. cutting doesn't make it any better. and it's not something that goes away after you stop.

third- get someone to talk to. even if it's just online. .... i can't even begin to say how much that has helped me. (you know who you are.)

fourth- eventually you will slip up. eventually some one will notice. you don't want someone who will freak and blow it out of proportion to notice. like, say, parents for example. take my word for it. (this is called "learning from other people's screwups." you want to pay attention to that.)

fifth- it's an addiction. i think canada said something about that. yeah.

sixth- nothing will ever replace cutting. but you have to find something to do besides that. like, i write semi-disturbing poems and stories, and beat the s out of my drumset. [/i]

• 3 weeks later...

hey

Back when i used to cut myself, I did it on my inner arm, just below the elbow... I wouldn't advise cutting near the wrist, because if you go in too deep by mistake you could kill yourself.

I think that cutting yourself isn't entirely a bad thing; when I did it it released emotional strain and I felt better afterwards. As long as you use a clean blade and don't go in too deep I think that it's not that bad. It's much better than taking drugs or actually killing yourself which is what some people would do.

When my parents saw the scars I just said stuff like the cat scratched me or I fell over skateboarding, although it wasn't plausible because it's quite obvious that they were made with a knife. They pretty much put two and two together and realised I was cutting myself They just told me to stop pretty much, it wasn't that bad.

I would recommend that you cut yourself on your leg (as lightly as you can bare), because it's less obvious and less dangerous too.

if anybody tries to say cutting isnt addicting they're crazy. i am 15 now and i've been cutting since i was 12 with breaks of about one month or so every now and then but then something stupid would happen like i would get in a fight or get bullied..and then it all came back in a rage of blood. the scars are the worst every time i look at my wrists, ankles, and stomach i get that pit in my stomach and i really want to just start bawling. once one person finds out (aside from your parents) the whole school knows..it just gets worse from there. i hate getting online because everyday i get harassed for being a cutter. even though i havent done it in about 3 weeks it still hurts like i did it yesterday. my parents found out and i dont think ive ever felt so hurt for seeing my mother cry like that..it was quite possibly the saddest moment in my life..but i kept doing it because i was addicted. i went to therapy and got on medicine that seemed to help for awhile..but it all came back. this is the worst addiction ive ever had i wish they had a patch for this

Toggle, im getting worried about you. you havent posted in a while and your date is coming up please dont do. if you want to hurt your self do the thing with a pen cap because it hurts like a...oh i forgot i cant cuss anymore or ill lose my membership here you know what i mean though. it leaves nasty scars but they go away in a month or two.you said you started cutting for your own personal reasons maybe if you tell us what they are we can help fix that. please post something or Pm me or something. please dont go through with it i picked my date too but i got talked out of it by someone i love

-stitches