Any Good Books?

I love this book, it's called: Awakinging the Budda Within : Eight Steps to Enlightenment: Tibetan Wisdom for the Western World, by Lama Surya Das, who is an American, who chose to study his path of enlightenment, with the masters in parts of Nepal, and Tibet. Actually, what caught my attention was the fact that he left his Jewish American roots to study abroad, and found his spiritual path in life, elsewhere.

Although I'm Christian, Catholic to be exact, I don't mind learning about what other cultures or religions have to offer, as to their perspective in life. In fact, it broadens my perception, allowing me to let go of some of the disillusions of heart-ache and pain. After reading this book, one will gain a sense of 'peace and tranquility,' and a sharper perception of life in general. His book offers a lot of 'general wisdom,' and sheds light as to why people suffer. I think this book is extremely self-healing, and therapeutic. What makes it even more hands on, is the fact that Lama Surya Das, also went through what we went through. Meaning, he's been in a broken-hearted relationship. thereforeeee, he relates to his readers on that level, by offering his knowledge and wisdom, as to why and how it's sooo hard for us humans to let go of the one's we love.

His book offers more insight on just 'general heart-breaks', but also, how we can cope with human suffering, in general! It offers steps on how you can meditate your pain away. I have yet to try it, sense I barely have enough time in my busy schedule, but the little knowledge that I can get from him, goes a loooong way! This book is not just used as one sitting, but is meant to be picked up every once in a while, like when I have questions that can't be answered. His book is like my counseling advisor! Excellent piece of literature! Gets to the point, is logical, and most of all, spiritually touching!

Hope this Helps!

Mahlina

P.S.- It does not hurt to try right? I promise you, his book will shed so much light on your life. You will not regret buying it. Plus, it comes in paperback, for just under $15 U.S. dollars. (On Amazon)