Why can't I find a job!

Okay- please help me with this one guys-

I'm two years removed from college with plenty of work experience, as I have worked since I was 16. I did very well in university, and am considered an asset to my employers. I fervently want to become a pharmaceutical sales rep, and have even went as far as to accept a mediocre position in an area hospital in order to learn drug jargon and fraternize with physicians. But this has all been in vain.

I have interviewed twice now, and heard the same drivel twice: "We love your personality and know you would succeed with us BUT we have decided to go with someone with pharmaceutical experience." Thus, the double edge sword. How can I get the experience necessary without getting the..uh..experience? So here are my questions:

1- What more can I do short of plastering my photo on an I-95 billboard begging a company to hire me...?

and..

2- While my actor/musician friends have been introduced to reality, is there a possibility that my goal of becoming a drug rep will never come to fruition?

Please help me with this one - I'm at a loss.

Well sometimes you have to accept a lesser job to get the experience you want. So perhaps a job at a really small pharmaceutical company where the pay isn't as good might work. Or like a sales assistant at one of the companies and work up to a sales rep. You need to get your foot in the door and gain the experience. Then once you show how capable you are, they will be drooling to get you into the sales rep position.

Don't feel bad, everybody has this issue when they first start out. It sounds like you have SOME experience at that hospital - so push that very heavily and get some recommendations from them if you can. Anything to tout what you know.

Good luck. Its tough out there, but just be determined and don't take no for an answer.

avman

Everyone starts at the bottom.

Let me repeat that...Everyone starts at the bottom.

Instead of focusing on getting your dream job, focus on how you WILL get your dream job in the FUTURE.

Often, it doesn't take very long to get there if you're dedicated. Just show a little interest and it will carry you for miles. Trust me on that. I started at the bottom with the rest. Now Im at the top with the best, even better.

btw....im only 25 yrs old. Use your personality, your CONFIDENCE, your DEDICATION, your INTUITION, and your MIND.

It will carry you to the top like it does for the rest of us.

Good Luck