I have a five yr old daughter who is out of control.. but only at home, otherwise she is very polite and has also received an award for wisdom in school. But as soon as she gets off the school bus .. she changes.. she gets bold and bossy and always trys to get me to everything for her, and plays very well verbal games with myself and her older brothers.. All of us have tryed many times to talk to her and explain that it is not good for this family to have her upset and yelling all the time.. I have asked her if she performs like this in school and she says NO... then I ask why do you do it here and she says.. So I can get my way. Now, recently my son asked to move out because of her... What do I do...she wont stop.... please help.

Could it be that she's using her anger to get attention? She's doing well in school, and she's being rewarded for it. I'm guessing she's probably got a high profile, having won an award. But she may feel differently at home, having older siblings that she has to compete for attention for.

A remedy? Hmm, i'm all but 23 years old with no experience handling children ;-) Have a talk with her and tell her such anger isn't going to be tolerated and the next time it happens, you're going to ignore her wishes till she puts them accross without any anger. Give her 1-2 chances, talk to her each time it happens. She's going to have to know that anger isn't the right way forward, and if its your attention she wants, she's not going to get any when she's unreasonably angry.

Once that's out of the way, see if you're able to give her the attention she needs at home.

Greetings. It sounds to me like she knows she can get her way with you but not at school. You need to display tough love and follow through with punishments that you threaten. I made this mistake before with my now-15 year old, a long time ago, and it took a long time to remedy but he is much better now. He was out of control too. Ask her what is her favorite thing in the whole world (most likely it will be a favorite toy or movie, etc.) Then keep that in mind next time she acts up, and tell her that if she continues her behavior you will remove the item from her room, or her privilege to use it, for an extended period of time, but if she shows respect she will get more time with it. Reward the good things she does (I know this is difficult when they seem to just drive you up a wall and do nothing right). This is the only thing that works with my son though and he has/had ADHD with hyperactivity.

Good luck!