and it got worse...........

My 28 year old cousin told my parents that i had hung out with this 21 year old (me=16). We just hung out as friends, and all i had ever intended is for us being friends. And my cousin thought he was eventually going to rape me...so told my mom. Now my mom keeps accusing me that we are secretly dating, and we are not...so i am beng punished for the wrong reasons. When i went to the mall with him.i even took pepper spray with me, and i had people on backup call if anything happened...even i am having a hard time trusting him. I have never seen this side of my cousin before and it has scared me silly...i have been able to confid in her from elementry school, and now this. I could get this guy kicked out of his job/organization that he has been involved in for many years if my mom decides to tell about these false accusations. I was on a down hill slope in many aspects...and as a friend, he helped me back up. how do i explain that one to my mom??? she hasn't even noticed other things that have been changing about me. What do i do? fall back under to obey my parents? or be know as the rebellious teen and stay up on the hill?

As the post above said.. It doesn't matter whether anything happens or not but those accusations could get him into some serious trouble. Talk it out with your mom and cousin and let them know whats going on, Let them meet the guy and maybe there views will change. Nobody knows but they are pretty much just looking out for ur safety but at the same time.. Just because he is 21 doesn't mean anything guys ur age can do just as much as someone older. it's good that you keep ur guard up though but like I just said.. you ahve to do that with everyone these days.

But for ur sake just talking with ur mom right now would be best and being rebellious will only get you into trouble with ur mom and get this guy into some trouble with the law.

Cause right now, I have 2 friends in jail because of just hanging out with chics your age and mine even though they didn't do anything with them. So think about it and talk with ur mom.

-Mythical Suicide-

Whoa!

Things certainly have took a turn for the worse! I have noticed that most people who post on this site are located in the US and I have to say, I am really surprised at the differences between the US and Britain. Take this situation that you're in 1millionth, it just wouldn't happen like this where I live!! It seems that things get somewhat 'exaggerated'- I mean, your family thinking he's gonna rape you?? I had loads of friends that were older than me when I was growing up, but people here don't automatically think 'Oh my God he's going to rape you!' It seems to me that there is a definite lack of trust going on here...I mean, why doesn't your mom/cousin listen to you? Have you ever given them any reason not to trust you? I have already told you my viewpoint on this 16/21 year old thing, I can't see why he would be romantically interested in you, but there is nothing wrong with being friends! I think that you need to sit down and have a long chat with your mom and your cousin, because even though you're only 16, you need to take control of your own life-they should be believing you and not trusting gossip. At the end of the day, they are only worried about you, and maybe they mean well, but still, they should be developing trust. When I was 16, I used to hang around with people that did major drugs, but I didn't touch them. Someone told my mum and she believed that I didn't take drugs, because she had faith in me!

Age can be a funny thing. As you get older you do get feelings for people your not ment to. At 16 if you have a hard life you tend to grow up very quickly skipping 5 years as it were. This is not to say it's ok to go with an older man. There is no black and white in this sort of thing and I am not going to tell you waht to do. It's not my place to. But I will say if you want to be treaded as an grow-up you need to act like one. Sometimes the best thing to do is the hardest.