Abrupt end to relationship with no further contact

What kind of person ends a year long relationship with a declaration that it is over and no further contact? No explanation. Nothing.

We loved one another, had plans for the future. He bought me a beautiful Valentine's present and then one week later ... gone.

No other undercurrent, it had been long distance since he went back to college in August. He came home every weekend. Another woman? What ?? this abrupt ending without explanation is causing me great pain. Anyone with any ideas? Thanks, Lea

I wish I could honestly tell you, because my most recent ex was my life. I loved her more then anyone else in my life (past or present). She told me she loved me a lot and that she knew she wanted to be with me forever. I put up a post a little while back under relationships. I feel your pain because I also feel like there is something I'm missing and just want to know how we went from everything to nothing in roughly a week. I look forward to any replies you get or anything for that fact. I have a lot of hypothesis about what the reasons were, but I'll probably never know.

Sorry to hear about your pain, but there are times that these things happen. I wish there were some answers for you, but quite honestly, you may not want to know the answer. Just let him live his life and move on with yours. You have heard the saying that time heals all, well it truly does. Just take some time to yourself and work out the pain. Cry all you want, punch the pillows, throw the pillows, but do not contact him for no reason. Take an evening out and go off with friends to a movie, comedy club or whatever you find fun. Work on yourself and find your happy spot. I do not really think you want to know the answer, because it may hurt you even more then it does now. You will get your answers in due time.

Neallo

I am sorry to hear for your lost. I know how you feel. My ex kinda did the same thing. He said that we need to see what else is out there but he is not a typical person. But he really didn't give me a real reason. But I really can't say why he left you. But really there's nothing you can do. I mean you don't know what he is thinking or he has been thinking. But you can't control it. Sure you can call him and ask him what happened. But if he gives you an answer that you can't mentally or emotionally handle how will you handle it? To be perfectly honest I think he at least owes you the reason why? My ex did a copout and that's one of the reasons I can't move on and I pray and hope that doesn't happen to you. I am here if you need me. you know where to find me. I hope for the best!

I'm sorry, but after a year you deserve at least some half-assed explanation as to why he didn't want to be in the relationship anymore. Sure, things happen and we're not always meant to be together for one reason or another, but he should have the common courtesy and respect to at least throw you SOME sort of a bone. Honestly!!

If I were you, I would be VERY angry. That's completely understandable. What I would focus on now, if I were you, is trying to remember what I WANT, who I AM as an individual. It's hard to remember that when you're with someone for so long, I think a lot of us forget that we are individuals too when we get into a relationship that consumes our lives for so long. Take this time to realize yourself again!! Any guy who will just dump you without a reason or at least SOME small explanation is NOT someone you will want to be with for a long time ... he's not worth the tears girl, move on and find someone or something that will NOT leave without warning or explanations. There are people out there who have good hearts!!

It is important to remember there are good people. It is important, I think, to structure a new, exciting life... take time to heal. He has broken me. It just causes me to question everything about the relationship. How well can you ever truly know another ?

It is scary when you think about it how you feel you really truly know someone and then they turn around and not just do something compeltely out of character but something mean and hurtful towards the person you were under the impression they love the most (you). But his actions were very selfish and in my honest opinion cowardly b/c for me at least I would rather hear, I just fell out of love for you anymore than nothing. Yeah it would hurt bigtime, but at least you know where you stand. But now you have to do what is right for you. Do you really want to know why? If so you have the right to know. But at the same time, as Rrisallee said, he may give you a cop out. Try to move on. Try to put you first and what you deserve. I am sorry this happened to you. Good luck.