Hi there. I usually just pop in and respond to other people's posts, but now I need some advice of my own.

Am hoping y'all can help me interact better with my bosses. It's not a major life or death issue, but it's been bugging me off and on for awhile. Basically, I feel like I'm not given the courtesy and respect that others get. I'm feeling walked all over.

I work on a team, but do most of my work by myself. Sometimes I feel like I'm the last to know when plans change, or -- being super conscientious -- I have to go find out for myself if something's changed. Sometimes my bosses have to review my work, but I keep having to bug them to get it done or else I can't move on to my next step. In comparison, they seem to be prompt in reviewing another co-worker's work.

Also, this may seem small, but once or twice they talked to my subordinate about his work and changed what he was doing without consulting me.

I feel like if I say anything I'll sound like a whiner; like, "How come you're not done reviewing my stuff but you're done with hers?"

I want to have GOOD relations with them, but I feel like I'm being walked all over. I also feel resentful that it's THEIR job to communicate with me, but I'm the one having to keep myself in the loop.

I want to have good communications, and would like to develop that without having a big ol' confrontation or meeting to "clear the air."

Like I said, this has been getting me down for awhile. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you.

Be a bit more aggressive. It sounds like your just doing to get by. Stand out and be driven. Give your superiors a bit of a friendly push. I don't know where you work, but a stroll by there office to see how there doing on that project of yours isn't a big deal. If you're usually the first one to ask how there coming on something, your project suddenly starts to move toward the top of the pile. People work on what they think about first. If there thinking about you and your work, then that is what they are more likely work on.

It sounds to me like you are letting yourself disappear in the crowd. Make yourself noticed.

Thanks Nifty! I appreciate your hearing me out, and the advice. I feel better now. I think you're right; it would be good to put myself out there a little more, not just stay at my desk and not make a peep. (Slight exaggeration...)