Got laid off, lost girlfriend, now losing house!

I got laid off the week before Christmas from a very good job that I thought would be safe. Got some severance pay, but it's all gone. Part of it was spent on helping my long-time girlfriend pay for her car repairs. Well... a couple of weeks ago, she dumped me - saying she needed to have her "self-esteem" back. It was a total surprise. I suspect she is dating another guy - she works at a store where she meets lots of guys. It hurts like heck, but I have no desire to find out. No desire to cling and beg either. I am too tired to deal with that crap, I have so much trouble focusing on finding another job. And then, with her gone, the house will soon be gone because I have no income. Unemployment is a joke and will run out very soon. As far as the job search, the competition is intense. I've been invited to only one interview so far, and it was a dud.

I just want to lie down and go to sleep for good. Life sucks.

Okay, alot has been happening lately, perhaps a bit too fast, and certainly not the way we expected. I suggest to try and get back on track by accomplishing one hurdle at a time, e.g. with work, then accommodation, etc.... After that has been accomplished you may want to revaluate if there is anything worth saving with your ex-girlfriend, but first you need to get your most basic needs met as soon as possible.

hey there there is many things you cant see to happen. all you know is what happened and run .... jobs are easy to get who cares if you work for a gas station on mc donalds all you know is you fixing to lose your home and you cant do that so grab a mouth full and swollow. you got to do what is best for you and if that is working 2-3 jobs so be it ... (walmart) costco they start out at 10-16 an hour they are on a manwide job hunt right now i work there myself. so here is a foot in the right direction ... just remember that you must get happy your self befor you can do anything about anything else. your life line is here a helping hand ... also home depot is looking for help also. drug test must be passed to get employed at any of these.. hd startes out full time @ 10.00 an hr and even more if you live in a big city. my ma is employed with them as floor manager so this is also a great lead so walk with you head high and get out there you will be just fine

wow thats alot of stuff hapenin all at one time!!!! dont get down or you will find it mux harder to get back up. Start with the ovious find a job so u can keep ur home...if u lose your home move in with ur parents but finding a job is your number one priority... even if its flippin burgers income is income... dont know if u heard or read Bill Gates speach but he said to those high schoolers... Flipping burgers is not below your dignity your grandparents had another word for it it was oppertunity.. So go out their find a job, then worry about your ex..... shit happens in life to every body nobody gets saved wether you be 45 or 14 it will happen but it is up to you how you if you attack the situation like a victim or like a fighter... someone that has his prioritys straight and is gonna get things fixed no matter how bad thing are. just keep looking forward, things will get better

Good Luck!!!!

1.I got laid off the week before Christmas from a very good job

2.Got some severance pay

3.Part of it was spent on pay for girlfriend's car repairs.

4.severance pay is all gone

5.my long-time girlfriend dumped me

6.she said she needed to have her "self-esteem" back

I need my self-esteem back

That's womanese for "ABANDON SHIP!"

It sounds to me like you had already from the start some sort of a giver/taker relationship thing going on with your girlfriend to begin with and when your giving potential fell through she ran out to find some other chump she can suck dry. You're better off without that witch...

Look for a woman you can share your life with not give your life to.

As for Homes, they are temporal and can be replaced.

In this age of tight economy be strong and do what you can; being a man isn't about aquireing material possessions, those things will always be temporal.

Just

Thanks for your feedback... I think I know how to get it under control now.

As for the gf, she sent me an email saying "Althought we're not a couple anymore, I'd like to think we'll always be good friends, so... keep in touch BLAH BLAH".... GEEEEZ. Friends don't do friends like that. By the way, what's up with women pulling that crap all the time?

Selfish witch. I am gonna get me another woman as soon as I get me a new job.

Thanks for your feedback... I think I know how to get it under control now.

As for the gf, she sent me an email saying "Althought we're not a couple anymore, I'd like to think we'll always be good friends, so... keep in touch BLAH BLAH".... GEEEEZ. Friends don't do friends like that. By the way, what's up with women pulling that crap all the time?

Selfish witch. I am gonna get me another woman as soon as I get me a new job.

Selfish *bleeping* witch is right......

What you should have said (in my opinion) when she gave you the "lets just be really really great friends" line goes along the line of "My long list of better friends than you is full, sorry" and "Now that we are really good aquaintances you still owe me some back pay from when I loaned you all that money from when your car broke, etc."

I don't think you can win in court if you actually wanted to get money back from her and she didn't want to pay, but it might get her a big dose of reality, which she is definatelly lacking....