When a guy's ego is blown, what goes thru his head...?

when a guy's ego is blown, why do they come back attacking, daggers out and punches below the belt? I didn't deserve the harsh words this guy sent my way at all!!! Why do they drop 6 grade levels and their immaturity comes soaring out of them??

Do they feel bad after they let out their rage and cut you down?

Why must men do this?

When do they realize how they reacted was wrong?

What should the girl do in return?

haha... my girlfriend said it best!

"Guys act like d--ks to make up for the one's they don't have"

It's true in one case I know... But Beec is right, its more than likely a security issue or because they don't have "POWER"...

Cutting you down gives them power, the more power they have the greater they feel. It's because to them, they apprear "better than you" of course you know thats not true...

There's alot of psychology in it really...

I completely agree with Beec and Silen Thunder!

Why must men do this?

I think that people in general, who put others down, and make snide remarks only do it b/c they are insecure, so they try to pick on someone who think they think, will take it. They basically feel like they can get away with it. It's like a shallow, temporary high that they get everytime they do it. Just like bullies in elementary school. Those bullies grow up, and eventually, some still remain the same. Too bad they can't just learn to mature.

On the other hand, you also have those "wanna be bullies," who were picked on a lot, when they were younger. So eventually, later in life, they choose to pick on others in cowardly ways such as putting others down

behind a computer screen, or yelling at telemarketers, who are just doing their jobs by the way, they can't help it (I'm not a telemarketer, but do try to empathize with them). Basically, they choose to pick on those who they think, can't do anything about it. They do it b/c they feel like they have to vent on someone, and use that person as a scapegoat. It's too unfortunate.

When do they realize how they reacted was wrong?

I'd say for some, never. They'll always be the jerks that they are, the type to step on others. And when in need (like in desperate situations), they temporarily act nice, but once they get what they want, they go back to being themselves again.

On the other hand, they might realize it when they have kids, and their kids start reflecting their attitudes/what they did in the past. It comes back to haunt them, and then they realize it.

What should the girl do in return?

I think that you should carry on and be yourself. Live your life, and basically, don't let their vulgar/crude, insensitive attitudes get to you. Don't ever let them hamper you!

The only thing that you can do is to live your life with moral convictions.

Sorry if I kinda got sidetracked there, but I think that a lot what a person does to mistreat you or pick on you, ties into what I mentioned above. I hope that whoever it is that's putting you down goes to hell! No one deserves to be mistreated, dehumanized, or scrutinized.

I think that for those who are confident, and don't put others down, are among those who don't have self-esteem issues. They respect others, and themselves. They are usually the ones who are diplomatic, and happy with their lives. Peaceful people. Take the Dalai Lama for instance, I wish more people like him existed!

So what should a girl do in return?

Treat others with respect. Take the experience from those who put you down, learn from it, and realize that they are simply just pretentious people!

Don't become like those who hurt you. Don't hurt others around you. Just follow life's simple philosphy, treat others the way that you want to be treated, and live your life with compassion. Just let the cards unfold, as the seasons of life go by, you'll realize that:

" what goes around, comes around!"

However, remember what they did. I've had a verbally abusive ex, and always think of his words, so that I won't forget/forgive him too easily when he tries to walk into my life again (which I'v done numerous times, but am strong now, and will no longer tolerate with people like him anymore).

So, yeah, don't ever let them into your life again; unless, if you do see that they've genuinely changed. I'm quite of a skeptic about that.

(Sorry my response had to be so long, I just know exactly how you feel, and can relate to your experience).

Hope this helps! Take care. & Remember to be STRONG!