"friendly" Valentine's Day Card ... PLZ SHARE INSI

Ok... First of all - hope you all had a good Valentine's Day... Or well as best as it can get. Mine was actually pretty good but this morning I got a phone call from my ex who told me had sent me a "friendly" Valentine's Day e-card but apparently it was returned to him. He explained that he'll try to send it again later. I didn't sound excited about the card but was like "ok" "sure" "ok" "Thanks" "nice". Basically I kept my end of the conversation short which was rather hard since it was apparent he wanted to talk. Anywho, he told me after I tried to end the conversation for possibly the 2nd time that I needed to check my email because he'd be sending me the card again...

Ok, my question - WHAT in the world does the ex hope to accomplish by sending me a "friendly" Valentine card? He is the one who broke up with me... Also he knows how hard this breakup was for me at the beginning (the 2 wks before I innitiated no-contact)... So what in the world does sending me a valentine card accomplish? Does it ease his conscience? Is it a form of pity? Any ideas? Thanx

Oh and yes... I was in NYC this weekend on business (which is part of why my V-day was nice) and when the ex called he wanted to know if i was going to church this morning (no cuz i was in NYC accross the country). When I explained I was in NYC he acted as if he was supposed to have known that bit of information - as if I had kept something from him... What the heck?!

Ok sorry for the long post... Just venting... G'nite

Well, it seems pretty obvious he's trying to tell you something if he wanted to talk so badly and if he sent you the v-day e-card. Maybe you should read it if you havent already, see what he has to say. Good to hear that you had a good valentines day (NYC, nice), hope things get straightened out between you and your ex.

i guess it is obvious he is trying to tell me something for some reason the e-card wouldn't send again... Maybe he was just saying a bunch of bull. But if that's the case why would he tell me he sent it? Why would he send it in the first place is what confuses me... Do guys usually send Valentine's Day cards to their ex? Why torture me by even mentioning it? Ugh