require info on doctor procedures with attempted suicide

This isnt necessarily vital in terms of how some people require urgent help but it would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.

I'm currently writting a film script with suicide as one of the plotlines.

A character cuts her wrists but she's caught just in time. She is admitted to hospital.

All I need to find out is a detailed idea of how doctors/psychiatrists/nurses deal with such a situation. From patching the wound to paperwork involved. I've looked everywhere on the net and its suprisingly hard to find such info.

I need to know....

anit-depressant drugs given and volume.

procedure with psychiatrists/psychologists

Administering to psychiatric hospital

etc Antything really. Oh and its the American procedure. So includes insurance form, companies, documentation etc. Any bad/good stories. Efficient/inefficient medical help. Anything real.

Please rest assured I'm handling the subject content with the respect and care for detail it deserves and am in no way trivalising it. Just need help......looked all over the net

Any useful websites?

Thanx in advance for your assistance.

I'm sorry but I've never had that situation before, not dramatic to the point where doctors had to patch me up and throw me behind closed doors.

Your plot sounds very dramatic. I'm pretty sure that you know and watch/study abotu lots of films. Some movies that come to mind for me is:

- A Beautiful Mind (the part where the psychiatrist pins him down in front of Harvard, and then shock him in the lab with some kind of drug, don't know the name, but if you want specifics, I guess read more from A Beautiful Mind website. By the way, it was based on a true story, don't know if John Nash is his real name though).

-Girl Interrupted (lots of drug injection scenes in that one)

Thanx for the assist scott.

Thing is I tend to avoid using movies as research basis. Mainly because they're open to poetic liscence and hollywood type ' we dont care about the facts, this person can fly.....don't care if it is mother Theresa' rewrites. Also as I'm writting a movie i dont want to use another movie for reference.

But thanx anyway. There is a scene in 'girl interrupted' I wish I could steal. The suicide bit with the record player playing 'Its the end of the world' track.......thats damn good writting!

Anyway thanx for the help.

Yeah I'm thinking I might have to go down that route.

Problem is I live in England and writting about American procedure. The only way I can do it is contact a real doctor via the net. Unfortunately every site I've visited requires payment for information, which for an unemployed person attempting to write a script is a difficulty.

I was hoping that a doctor/psychiatrist might have posted the entire procedure up on the net or on a medical site for student doctors that they can use as a study aid.

Cant find it anywhere.

But thanx for your help.....I'm slowly resigning myself to the fact that that might be the only solution.