Help me be a model! Please check out my pics!

hiya! my mates have always said i shud be a model, i like the idea, but never had enough confidence to do anything about it! ive recently had some profesional photographs taken and im wouldlike to give them to model agencys but ive looked online and evrywhere u have to pay like £200 or more to every company to give them your pictures i cant afford that at the moment, but i want people to see my pictures! so im displaying them evrywhere in the hope il get noticed, but i dont know if that will work! please if any one is out there who could help me get started! let me no please! heres the link to my photos!

thankyou! any comments and help much apreciated!!

i cant help you out with the whole getting you into anything, but i can say, away from the friends and no harmful comments, that you are attractive, so you can believe them just make sure you dont get big headed in the process lol.

id go for it though, even if you save up, its an investment into something you could gain alot from. just make sure you dont publisise your pictures in the wrong places.

anyway nice pictures, personally your last picture was the best out of the four, but eqaully, you are attractive.

kel

p.s. good luck with whatever career you opt for

Being that I was a model scout I can tell you about the industry in modeling.

You do qualify as your height to be a runway model (minimum is 5'8" for girls, 5'11" for guys). Now runway modeling if you qualify is only 5% of the industry, where 80% is print modeling like magazine and advertisement. People think you have to be really skinny and have great smile. It's not true, in fact you can have ugly teeth but if you have a great look, that's what it all takes.

BTW you are very attractive and honestly you have an exotic look. Having a unique look is a big advantage since you can look different in various clothes, hair styles and overall settings. That's what I looked for in potential models.

Problem with becoming a model is the exposure & marketing yourself. NEVER EVER and I repeat NEVER go to a modeling school since the only good thing it does is to give you confidence in modeling and have that attitude. It's not needed. When you're modeling, you'll be taught how to walk, how to stand and how to pose. Problem with modeling school is that it's up to you after graduating to market yourself which is the biggest investment for any models that want to get exposure.

There is a company called Wilhemina that basically does everything online. Instead of you sending comp cards and wasting money, you upload as many pictures as you want while agencies from all over the world come to look at your profiles. Now, the catch is the initial investment of about $700 in US with $20 a month or so to maintain the membership. But if you calculate the amount of money you'll be spending to sent out comp cards, not to mention creating, getting professional photos taken and sending them will cost you twice or three times as much, it could be worth the money. The good thing about this company is that they have over 4000 agencies coming into this site that includes big companies like Ford, Elite, Elle, LA Models and much more.

If you want exposure, I would go through that route. The reason why I don't recommend sending all those comp cards is that fact that if you don't fit their criteria for a certain project, it will get tossed. So even if you are the next supermodel, an agency could be looking for someone that's 5'10", black hair with blue eyes. They'll just throw your cards away since they have thousands of these cards that they'll need to go through. That's the good thing about Wilhemina and its digital comp cards. You can get a professional photo taken but upload them digitally and they come to you instead of you sending it out to them. Exposure is greatly increased. Your pictures & profile stays 24/7 without worrying about getting them tossed out.

Another route would be to start out small like for local ads for stores and various shows. You can get experience from there and build up a portfolio that may result in better modeling position and offers. One thing to keep in mind. Be careful about these "EXCLUSIVE CONTRACTS". Try not to deal with those since you're limiting yourself to one agency and they can really take a lot of money away from you promising you don't have to pay anything in the beginning.

Good luck and have fun at modeling It's one of the best industry I worked for.