i was with my ex for 3 years. this past year he started going to school and met someone. i knew from the 1st time i met her, she had her eye on him. they always had the same classes and same study groups together. i thought it was strange, he said it was harmless, they're just "friends." a month and a half ago he broke up w/me b/c he said he wasnt ready to "settle" down. now he's seeing that other girl and it pisses me off. he doesnt want to settle down, but yet hes settling w/her. it drives me nuts that she totally persisted and took him away from me. im furious at both of them, but more pissed and angry at her. how could she stoop so low to do something so shallow?

my feelings for him were so strong, he was the one i wanted to be with for the rest of my life.. how do i just let go of all that?

Take a look at your relationship... Were you both feeling fulfilled? sexually, romantically, emotionally, mentally? There's a lot to getting a relationship to work.. sometimes the other person isn't willing to try any harder, sometimes it's just easier to go to someone else who seems like they'd be easier to get along with... I personally need a few more details if you'd like me to help.. but, the thing that helped me get over my ex who left me for another guy was this... She needed something i obviously wasn't giving her.. whatever it is that was, she's getting it from him... it hurts, but, i messed up so... that's soemthing i have to deal with now..

link removed

You might want to start there.

A big part of it will be accepting that the important person here is you - and both your ex, and the girl he cheated with and went with, are not worth as much consideration as you are. Is this girl really worth the power you're giving her over your feelings? Of course not. She's not worth your time, and she's not worth your pain. Don't give her that power over your life or make you a bitter person, let her go on to find out the hard way what will ultimately result from her actions - and get on with focusing on the person who really matters here - you.