Just need to vent...Having a bad week

Hello everyone.

Well, what a week this has been for me. With the stress of the holidays and my break up still fresh, I finally went to my doctor today after suffering through numerous headaches recently. My blood pressure was sky high (186/108) and my cholesterol and triglycerides are through the roof. I'd been having having mild chest discomfort/paliptations and spasms, but just thought it was anxiety from everything I'm going through. My doc did an EKG and said it was "unchanged from 1994 and still shows your old heart attack". My old heart attack? I never knew I had one! He said according to my EKG from February, 1994 it showed a mild infarction (aka heart attack). I was incredulous! I vaguely remember the circumstances surrounding the EKG. (I was having anxiety attacks and chest pain -- once again because of a break up)! Now, here I am in the same situation as 10 years ago! I need to go for blood work tomorrow and a stress test next week to see where to go from here.

Physically, I feel ok but mentally I'm floundering. I went to do laundry tonight -- when I cam out I found a window on my car had been shot out! What the heck is going on? I'd been doing pretty well the past few weeks, trying to heal from my break up. Now, all of this is happening and I'm seriously afraid of my mortality. I work as a Registered Nurse so, unfortunately, I know too much about my condition and what to expect. I feel like I'm rambling here. My mind is all jumbled and I can't think clear. When is it going to end already?

Hey man,

I'm really sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I'm not sure what to say other than to offer my support as you go through this. Obviously being a medical professional you know how to treat yourself physically. So do what you need to so that your body can recover.

Mentally is a different story though. You've had a lot going on in your life lately. If anyone needs a vacation, its you. How about taking a few mental health days off work and going somewhere to relax? Sometimes we forget to treat ourselves nicely when we are going through some rough times. Go do something that you really enjoy. Let your body and your mind recharge.

How does that sound?

avman

I agree with the Avman. I was going through a rough period (about a break up) and my company closed down for two weeks and I took the time off and spent it in here. Well, my mind is clearer and I feel better, but I am still wanting her to call, but that will never happen. You take your time off and make your mind better and the rest will fall into place. Talk some friends into going to a Comedy Club, because everyone knows that laughter is the best medicine.

good Luck

Neallo

I'm going to agree with the guys here - see what you can do to arrange a couple days of "me time" and spoil yourself a little here. Nursing is mentally draining as well, so even if you love what you do - you're not getting much recharging done investing what you have on patients. Even if it's just checking into a hotel around the block - or staying home and relaxing, completely relaxing, drag out the bath salts that haven't seen the light of day, make an appointment to get something done with your hair or nails, either yourself or with the girls, grab a couple good books you haven't had the time or energy for, light the scented candles, throw on the comfiest thing you own and curl up with a cup of irish coffee or a hot toddy and just UNWIND a little. Just for a couple days get up when you're ready and not before, and do what suits your energy level, even if it's spending the day in bed with a book and a cup of hot chocolate. Just pamper yourself at your own pace, and do a few nice things for yourself just because you deserve the break!

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having such a rough week. I know it hasn't only been "this week" that's been tough for you.

That is so crazy that they said you had a heart attack and you didn't even know it? It boggles my mind..... I really hope everything comes back from your tests OK. You've been through so much and I have a feeling that no matter what, you will pull through everything and come out on top mentally and physically. You've been a great support to me in so many of my rambling/negative posts. We both know you're a great person no matter what has occurred.

A window being "shot" out can be very unnerving. I've had two bullets come through my window in a house I use to live in at a very large university campus WHILE we were in the living room! Scared the begeezes out of me and my ex-ex. (two ex's ago)

Just count your blessings that you weren't in your car when it occurred! Man, so many little things and minutes that could change our lives forever.

I'm very glad that you weren't hurt.

You're so strong even though we all have our moments of weakness and sadness. You're great and I love the "support" replies that I've seen you give. Keep coming here and venting! It's the best place for it!!

Good luck and please listen to the others! Spend time on yourself! Spoil yourself and I loved the Comedy Club suggestion. Laughter will help everything!

Chin up and keep letting everyone know how you are!!