A few questions about facial hair

well im starting to get facial hair on my face and im not quite sure what to do. i shave and it by the next day i can feel it on my face again. its not that noticeable, only when left untouched. i want to do something with it eventually but im wondering when i should. should i wait for it to come in more fully? or should i do what i want to do now? my dad and brother both have facial hair that once they shave in the morning it starts to be visible by night so i would think i would be on that same track. i just wanted to know others opinions on when or what to do with facial hair. thanks

im guessing your in your teens if this is new? or are you older?

dont worry about the being able to notice it again, stubble is perfectly normal and happens to the majority of people, unless you have slow hair growth.

the choice of what you do with facial hair is entirely yours, and look at it from the view of, if you dont like it change it or shave it off. its all up to you, if you know what you want go with the flow.

kel

if the stubbles don't bother you, then you can just leave it, so that you only have to shave like every other day. you can just start trying new looks. if you don't know what to do, you could always look in magazines & stuff to help find something you like. it doesn't matter if you mess it up because then you can just shave all of it off.

Hey there!

Personally I have slow hair growth. I do have an imperial now but since I am very blond, it doesn't show at first sight =)

And shaving more often won't make your hair grow faster.. How could the roots of your hair know that the top of it has been cut off and then respond by growing faster in order to try and win over the razor? The hairsacks will only spread naturally and the hair will only grow thicker with age. Because shaving off the hair won't harden the facial hair, if it did, then all men over 70 without beards would have 3-4cm wide black dots all over their face from where thick hair grows 10-15cm long each day. What horror.

Perhaps there's some stimulation to make the hair grow faster, but I doubt there's any efficient method. Some vegetables are said to help the hair grow faster but I do not know what they are or how they work.

Good luck!

Welcome to one of the joys of manhood. Shaving or not shaving won't make much of a difference, it'll grow at pretty much the rate it wants to grow at.

This is a well accepted condition for men. Having a five-o-clock shadow is common, that's what the stubble that appears by later on in the afternoon is referred to. Whether you shave every day or not is a personal choice. I know many men from teens through to their 60's that don't shave every day, and many who do.

I shave everyday myself. If I go out anywhere in the evenings, I will generally shave again before I go out. Sometimes I've even shaved three times a day, on my wedding day I did that I seem to remember.

A little bit of afternoon or evening stubble generally tends to just darken your apparent complexion just a bit, and really isn't very noticeable from any distance of more than a few feet anyway.

One thing you will find, the longer your facial hair gets, the more difficult and time consuming it can be too shave, but you can actually get a closer shave if it is longer. Seems contradictory, but not really. It takes longer when the hair is longer, but there's more hair to work with, so the shaver seems to cut further down the hair shaft. I guess lift and cut really works then ...

It's a personal choice though. You do what you are comfortable with, and what you think looks best. The girls seem to go both ways, some like a clean shaven guy, others really dig that three day growth look!!