ok so my mom will not let me go out with friends...like on a friday night say i stay in town after school i can only stay in town for about 2 hours and thats it....if i go to somebody house shes calling me ever 5 mins and if i stay some where she will call there parents to make sure that im staying there and she will come to there house and make sure that im there...and i cant go no where i have to stay at that house.

well i have a b/f and the who thing was is that i wasnt to date till i was 16 well i turned 16 over a 2 months ago...i've gotten to go out maybe ONCE and still she was calling checking up on me.

i dont get why she is this way.

i dont know if she thinks im going to go and do something really really dumb or what.

but see im the baby of the family so i thought that might have some input on it all..like her not wanting me to grow up.

but i really need to be able to get out and stuff...b/c we kinda have problems at my house that are really hard to deal with (things with my dad, cuz hes sick and stuff) thats a whole nother story.

but i need to know what i can do to get her to let me do things and not freaky out if im gone

She's just being protective and that's not a bad thing (unless, of course, she's FREAKING OUT!).

You have to do baby steps.

First, if you want to stay in town, do so with people (families) she trusts. As time passes she'll get less paranoid and call less.

She probably doesn't want you to grow up too fast. The trick is to not rock the boat too much while you attempt to show her you're growing up. The more you fight it the more she'll push so unless you want it to go to hell, be patient with her.

You never know what happened when she was your age. Her fears might be based on bad experiences of her own.

hey crazygirl69.

i feel you pain and stress within this topic, as you said about being the baby of the family ive gone through that stage just like you but what i learnt was that a mothers love for there children is strong, and i dont as much thing she is worried about you being stupid but other people beingf stupid or taking advantage of you.

trust me i was on as strict a deadline as you were with the times coming in going out etc. like kdreger said its all about baby footsteps. you need to able to show her that your mature enough to handle extra time out, being alone with a few friends. one tip is not to argue back or anything like tgat, because i know i used to get quite aggressive but all that proves is that you arent mature and arent able to talk. id calm down and gradually bring up the issues youll sort it out.

mothers and friends, and fathers, everyone important in your life check up on you and provide you with all sorts of information etc because of onoe thing, they want to be able to provide you with the knowledge of what could happen and there worst fears.

talk to your mum, and i hope your dad gets better.

good luck.

kel

I think that we all might have been there when our parents are just way too over protective. You see when I was 16 my mom was just the same way. She called my cell phone when I was gone for 2-3 hours and so on. Now she just stooped I don't know why but I guess she got over herself. I don't know if turning 17 had anything to do with it. All that I'm saying is that your mother is gone get over it. Sooner or later she will stop calling and asking where you are. My did so I hope yours will to.