Jesus! I can't believe this! only 2lbs extra!

Oh man! So I've been going to the gym now for 1 month now. My reason; TO GET BIG! You see I'm small and pretty skinny.

Now I checked my weight my first day I went to the gym and now 1 month later I checked again to see the progress I've made and I've only put on 2lbs!! That's right! only 2 friggen pounds! I know results don't happen over night but, jesus christ, I thought I'd put on more then 2lbs!

By the rate I'm going I'll reach my desired weight in 2 years time! That's too long! It's not like I only hit the gym once a week, I've been going three times a week for about 1 hour sessions.

Can someone tell me if there is a way I can bulk a bit faster then this? Because honestly, 2 pounds in 1 month is SAD. Also, is there an online site that anybody knows that legally sells steriods?

Thanks peeps

I could give you some of my excess weight... lol

anyway, what are you doing for food intake?

There is that creatine thing or those big bottles of powders of things you can get at the health food store, but I'd really look into the health beneifts of them. Also make sure you eat a healthy diet. Geining weight and getting bigger will take some time. It's not like some kind of slim fast diet thing where you will but over time you will see results

For me, I was trying to lose weight, and even though I didnt really lose much weight, my bmi got lower that meant that I lost fat but gained muscle.

good luck

Thanks crinkle cat, I know it takes time, but 1 month of working out and only gaining a measly 2lbs is pathetic in my opinion. Yes I also consume about 120-140grams of protein a day and eat about 5 healthy meals a day.

Oh and Hero_99, my stats are: 18, male, 5'8" 127lbs (was 125lbs 1 month ago) piss weak, I know...

Hello Puny Guy

I really think you need to stop obsessing about your appearance. You are NOT going to transform into some muscle bound hunk overnight. It will take time, and if you go about things the way you seem to be at the moment you're going to get disheartened very quickly and give up.

One month is not a long period of time to build yourself up. If you really want to be big then it's more about changing your attitude to life and making sure that this isn't a fad that will soon pass.

Congratulations that you are doing something about the way that you feel about yourself and keep it up but have you really asked yourself why you want to build your physique. That isn't in itself gong to make you feel good about yourself

As for steroids, I don't think it will help you in you're position. On top of that, if you want to reduce your virility and get acne then steroids would seem to be the right route

Hi Puny Guy !

If you are naturally skinny, that could well stand in your way of putting on weight.

However, regasrding the powederd bottled stuff. Weight Gain. A friend of mine used it when he was building himself up when he was your age. He was going to the gym, and drinking Weight Gain milkshakes I think twice a day.

Look into the stuff. Always be careful with things like this. If you have any doubts about the product that you are considering, talk to a doctor or someone who knows the nutritional system well. The last thing you want is to get sick from this though thats just my mandetory warning that comes with this post !

Look into that one !

Hope this helps you some,

Don't be too hard on yourself...it takes time...I was thin all my life (I got called "bone rack", "bones" and all the rest) then in my early 20's ( I'm now 31) I filled out naturally with broad shoulders and a good cut .My friends now all have beer stomachs but not me...I'm glad I was on the thin side growing up because I look better now...As far as for you, you may fill out as you get older, you could slow down your metabolism to make youself gain more weight...get the book "body for life" its informative. Good luck and be glad that you are doing something to help yourself, thats half the battle...

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm getting big because all my unconfidence stems from my physique. People don't take me seriously, I've been turned down postions at work because the boss says "yeah, the thing is puny_guy, this position requires alot of heavy lifting, it's hardwork you know"

And girls, forget about it. Most girls don't want some shortass(nothing I can do about my height though) little weakling to date. They want someone strong, who can protect and look after them. Not someone they could whoop in a fight themselves.

Surfdog you make a good point, I know for a fact that my father and older brother were skinny shrimps too when they were my age and in their early twenties. Neither ever did any weight training and now my dad is 51 and stocky. My older brother is now 30 and he has naturally grown into a nice physique that I admire. I just hope I don't have to wait 10yrs for something to happen naturally. That'd be 10 more years of not getting any girls, not being taken seriously and sticking with no self confidence.

I KNOW for a fact that if I get into a decent shape, I WILL have loads more confidence. Anyway thanks for your replies people.

You really aren't going to gain much wait the first month, but even after that you shouldn't expect more than about 3 lbs a month, and remember that musle builds musle, so things are going to get a little easer as you go. You're on the right track, so just keep things up.

by the way, there are women that like the scroney guys. I'm a bit taller than you, but still scroney and there are women out there. It's catching them that is the problem.

Just keep working.

If you can find a really physical job that'll take you on that may work better. I used to be 5'9" and about 130 lbs then I got a job at a concrete plant and in 3 months I weighed 170lbs. It may be tough to find a company that will take you on, but keep looking. Working 12 hour shifts lifting sometimes 300lbs stuff bulked me up really fast, hopefully it can do the same for you. The great thing is that you get payed to do it too and you do it 5 days a week.

On this program I gained about 10 to 15 pounds in about a month, maybe a little over. I also added about 1 ½ to 2 inches to my biceps. The supplements I used were: Cell Tech, Designer Protein, Met-RX and Norandrostack by Sci-fit. It sounds to me like you need to take in more calories and stay away from cardio work. If you are currently not doing any cardio, then you just have a really high metabolism, so consider yourself lucky.

First of all you need to eat 6 times a day or every 3 hours. You have three big meals, which I would consider to be the most important (at least in this program): breakfast, lunch and dinner. On these meals you need to try and eat as much as you can, basically until your completely full and can't eat another bite. As soon as you finish eating make yourself a shake: 1 packet of Met-RX, 2 heaping tablespoons of reduced fat Skippy peanut butter, ½ scoop of designer protein – in about 2 ½ cups of water…And drink this as fast as you can. Don't give it time to reach your stomach, because once it does your going to be painfully full. You need to do this 3 times a day.

I went to college weighing about 198 lbs. with 7% body fat at 5'10 and after my sophomore year I weighed 235 lbs. with about 9% body fat. The fact is bodybuilding is a cycle – part of the cycle or part of the year you spend bulking up, while the other part of the year you spend cutting down. If you look at bodybuilders in any magazine and see shots of them off-season weighing in at 285 lbs. you can be sure that during contest season they drop about 50 lbs. I say this because some people may wonder why I would increase fat intake by so much…Hey it's cold outside, you're wearing a jacket anyway.

Hope this helps