Feeling dizzy and nauseous during a workout

So I went to the gym today for another work out. It was while I was doing the Lat pulldowns I started to become faint in the head and dizzy. Then when I went onto the crunches I felt nauseous afterwards.

First time this happened to me at the gym, anyone know why this happened. I ate food 1 1/2hrs before hand so I did have some energy in me. What distresses me even more though is that I didn't even do a very hard workout. I felt like crap after the workout because I knew I should've pushed myself harder even if I was going to get sick. I need to get big! You don't get big by being easy on your muscles

I dont know what food you ate before hand, but it should have been a high carb based meal. Once your work out is done you should move to more protein based meals.

As for the dizzy and sick feeling, this is almost certainly a lack of decent suger in your system. Try eating an apple or banana just before your workout, these fruits release there enery very quickly and it should enable your body to stay loaded with suger (and thereforeeee energy) during the course of your workout. By the way dont eat suger itself thinking it'll give you the same effect, it wont, fruit sugers are absorbed much more quickly then other sugers.

And it goes without saying to ensure you drink plenty of fluids during the workout, the best thing to drink is one of those sports drink, again to keep your energy levels up.

If you still feel dizzy and sick when working out after following the above I suggest you see a doc about the possibility of some other medical issue you may have.

Good luck and stay motivated man!

I agree with what waynerwayner said. It's a good idea to eat some kind of complex carb just before your workout. If your workouts are intense you will burn away all of the calories before you are finished and have nothing left for the muscle to use. Besides apples or bananas you might want to try a whole wheat bagel, baked potato or brown rice-these should sustain you for a long time. I would also recommend lifting weights before you do your cardio exercise. There are many good nutritional supplement drinks that you can consume before your workout, but stay away from the sugar based ones, while they might give you and immediate surge but it will wear off quickly.

You may want to consider getting a physical to rule out any other medical issues.

Keep up the good work!

Well, if the advice of the other three don't work out too well. Maybe you should get tested for anemia, or diabeties. If you don't want to get tested, maybe you can bring along some Juice, OJ, or anything that makes little kids all wired up. OR try drinking lots of Gatoraide, it has electrolites in it that may help out too.

so if you can't change your whole diet, make sure you drink right. Yes water has it's benifits, but it doesn't have all that good stuff like sugar and electrolites.