Hi not really a problem as such just wondered if anyone had any experience with something similar.

My gf tends to wake up in the middle of the night seeing spiders or other things but spiders is the most common. Once I hold her and settle her down she calms down very quickly and goes back to sleep. In a sense it doesnt bother me in that we always feel asleep in each others arms and it makes me feel wonderfully close to her. However just wondering if its something that I should be trying to help with, if it is anxiety etc... She says she has always had it and her ex found it too much and got fed up with killing spiders in the middle of the night, to be quite honest I never bother I just talk to her tell her its not there, hold her and she always seems to calm down very quickly. Any thoughts if I should be killing the spiders etc or trying to look at ways to get her to relax during the day.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

I think this is something she might want to consult with a professional about for a couple of visits, since that's not something one comes accross every day!

I would suggest to her to schedule a visit with a psychiatrist/psychologist, and see what he/she suggests as to why she might be seeing these spiders. They have to be triggered by SOMETHING, and I would think this is a problem that could be cleared up relatively quickly, thus ending the stress to her and to you! Good luck to your girl and you!

Mar