My boyfriend My manager

Im not sure if anyone has seen my other questions. But sometimes I just come on here and think of random questions to ask about the relationship that I am in right now. I am really starting to fall for my boyfriend. I have been dating him for 2 months (today exactly) and there is one issue that if we stay together until next year that we will have to deal with. He is my manager at my summer job. Its fine working with him right now because I work once a week if that and no one really knows and there isnt that much drama or anything. All of the managers know that we are dating because he had to ask his top manager for permission, in a way. So how should I approach next year. Do you think it will be really awkward working with him and all of the other employees over the summer. I love this job and I dont want anyone to start any bad rumors. Its just that I dont know if I should work when he works there because it might be a conflict of interest. I dont know any advice on how to approach working with a lover that is also your manager.

Hello there,

I understand you and your boyfriend work together and that he is your manager. I understand while this does not cause a problem now, it may in the future.

While I've never been in this particular situation per say, my ex's mom and stepfather worked together and his stepfather was in a management position. What they did was just keep their relationship and their work life separate. They were professional with each other at work and then enjoyed their time together in their personal life. It is not easy, but it is fairly doable if you both can have the maturity and respect to handle it.

I would suggest talking to your boyfriend about this and seeing where his thoughts lie in this issue. Perhaps through communication you can get a better hold of what to expect and how to handle different situations. One thing to keep in mind is that you need to work together in order to make this successful, so you might want to think about sitting him down and expressing these concerns. It is good you are considering this now, as you have quite some time to feel more comfortable with the situation before summer.

Best wishes!