Doctor found something in my breast.I'm very scared:(

Hello everyone.

As you probably know, i have been posting about my marriage breakup. Now, I am posting about something different. Today I went for a regular check up, and my doctor felt 2 small masses in my right breast. She is sending me for an ultrasound this friday. I am very scared, though we don't know what they are yet. My heart dropped when my doctor told me she's felt something. I was crying when i got home, told mom and she told me not to worry about it, that she's had a few friends that have had little masses but werent malignant so it can be that, and the sooner it's been detected, the better.

I don't know, I'm really worried and scared . I am feeling this weird pain in my tummy , it might be nerves. Have any of you girls had to go through this? Please share if you have, i dont know what to think.

Thank you in advance,

Lilu.

Hey there, Lilu.

I am sorry, or perhaps a bit relieved, that I have gone through what you are going through now. I'm just guessing now, I could very well be wrong, but if the breakup of the marriage was a stressful one, you could've gotten a pair of fat-"lumps". It's quite hard to explain, but I have two tiny ones on my neck. They're not visible, but if you push down a little, they're there.

I hope that this ordeal will work out for you in the very best way, Lilu.

Good luck.

Lilu, all I can really say right now is try not to get overly concerned at the moment. There's really nothing you can do right now. Until the ultrasound you won't know what is up. Try to live as normally as you can now, although I know that's very difficult. Very often these do turn out to be not serious. A positive attitude is the best for you now. And after for that matter, regardless of the outcome.

You've done the right thing, and had an exam done. They've been detected. Better that your doctor found them now while they're small, than you finding them on your own when bigger and more scary.

Talk to a good friend about it, and take her to the ultrasound for support, and somebody to talk to about other things while you're waiting.

Hi Lilu!

I know just how you feel. I've been in a similar situation. My onconlogist also found a small lump in my breast! I was so scared, and could not crawl out of bed for days...thought I was gonna die!

I don't think that it's cancerous, but you will find out through the mammogram. Don't sweat it for now. I found out that mine was a cyst. I thought that it was growing, but if yours has not persisted to grow, then you're probably fine.

I went through the same thing many times in the past 10 years. Basically it comes down to the fact that I have fibercystic breasts. My doc always finds masses and sends me for the ultrasound and mammogram. Last year I was very scared cause they found one that they weren't sure about and I had to have all sorts of other tests. It turned out to be notheing. It's very scary to go through, but I am sure you will be ok. Are you taking the birth control pill? And do you drink a lot of caffeine? These two things both contribute to "masses" in the breast. Since I went off the pill and cut back on caffeine mine have subsided dramatically.

Good luck and let me know how things turn out.

Hello

Thanx to all of you for the support. It makes me feel better when you share with me. And yeah, I shouldnt stress over it too much and wait and see on friday. I will post back as soon as i get the results and know what they are.

Again, thank you all, and be well

Lilu