Help!?!.. Should I Tell Him or Not..

OK, I broke up with my bf bout a week or two ago and I found out last week that I am around 8-9 weeks pregnant. Im not sure what to do, I told my mom and she is being supportive so far. But my problem comes in with the father. Im kinda stuck. I feel the need to tell him, hes the father so he should know but My mom is threatning that if I tell him shes going to force me to have an abortion or get my ex bf for rape, which ive asked around and dont think she can do that considering that im 16 and in the state I live in , 16 is of legal consent age. But im still scared that she could possibly find a way to get him into trouble. She doesnt like my bf and never has , he hasnt done anything wrong to her or anybody else in my family, yes weve had our times and arent together now but who hasnt? But n e way my mom is just scared that if I tell him we'll get back together and he'll wanna get married and seh doesnt want any of her kids getting married. The point is, Should I Tell him and Risk him getting into Trouble? or should I just hold out? Cause I dont want him getting into trouble. That would just be wrong, When we slept together it was just as much my idea as it was his and we used protection, but obviously something went wrong and we didnt realize it. So could somebody please help me out here?!?! Thankz Guyz.

~Angel~

Honey, legally and morally you HAVE to tell him, he has a right to know he's going to have a child, and have a part in the child's life if he so chooses. That doesn't mean he has a right to demand you marry him or tell you what to do about having this child unless adoption is an issue.

I can understand your mom being upset, but in not telling him, you open yourself up to a nightmare should he find out later and sue for his parental rights. You DON'T need an upset guy finding out he's a dad and reacting emotionally to you keeping it from him after the fact.

It's good that your mom is being supportive of you - best of luck.

He has the right to know. The baby is a part of him too. Hopefully he will want to do right by this baby and be a part of his/her life. And maybe the two of you will get back together, who knows.

In this case I don't care what your mother says, tell your boyfriend. This isn't your mother's baby, its yours. Your mother can't really force you to have an abortion - the doctors will not do it if you refuse.

How old is your boyfriend? If he is close to your age (within 2-3 years) he probably isn't in any danger regardless of what your mother tries to do to him.

Thanks guys, I know it'd be wrong for me to not tell him and thats the last thing i want to do is keep something like this from him, Cuz I know he would be a good father. I'm just kinda scared and upset at my mom all at the same time, but I called him earlier and told him that I needed to talk to him about something Important and he said he would meet up with me after he gets off work so now all I have to do is tell him. But Of course, my mom is pretty upset with me now and not speaking to me. Im just worried that she's either going to kick me out or Try and get him into trouble. ( The thing is his age, He's 21, will be 22 soon )

Thanks

~ Angel ~