Hi,

First off when I was back in highschool, 9th grade I believe I started taking Dexamphetamine that which some ADD kids were selling at school VERY cheaply. I weened off the Dexamphetamine when no more dealers were around(about 11th grade).

After I graduated from highschool(20yrs old now) I started drinking heavily, but when it lost it's desired effects (was giving me the complete confidence boost anymore) I stopped drinking so much.

Now their is a new guy at work who happens to be selling dexamphetamines for the going rate of $3 a pill, prices certainly have inflated since highschool days....

Anyway, needless to say.... I'm back on the whizz and it feels great while the high lasts, when it wears off I go into depression bigtime. But it certainly has changed me for the better in my opinion.

Infact I've got a date with a gorgeous girl from work! When I'm on my magic pills I'm quick witted, extremely confident(can talk to anyone and make them laugh and be happy) euphoric and self assured. I can just walk up to the most beautiful women and start talking with her, could never do it before....

Anyway my questions are

1) When I'm on the dexamphetamines and I gain all these wonderful qualities, does it mean I had them all along in the first place but the drugs just bought those qualities to surface? How is that?

2) I looked up dexamphetamine on the net but found no information on what happens if you abuse it. I pop about 3 pills in one go and do it when only I need to ie; when I need to be confident, around women, at work... I don't take them everyday, I lay off the dexies on the weekends. What are the risks of doing this?

Thanks peeps

Hey...

Here's information pulled from a website detailing information on different drug classes, I just pulled the relevent info on the drug class etc.

"These stimulants all share the dopamine and noradrenaline pathways as their places of action, so they all show very similar effects. They vary, however, in their potency, in their duration, and their street price. In general, these drugs are far more stimulating than the other stimulants. Addiction, both physical and psychological, is likely to occur over long term use. It is common for abusers of these drugs to stay awake for days on end. After such use, however, they cause an intense crash; a period of paranoia, hunger, sleep complications, and perhaps undesired hallucinations. All are potent decongestants. Overdose is possible and will probably involve heart complications. Frequent nasal use can result in nosebleeds and, eventually, a ruptured septum.

The following are Dopaminergic/Adrenergic stimulants, more or less in order of potency:

Bupropion (Wellbutrin, Zyban)- legal w/ prescription: ADD, Depression, Smoking. Bupropion is a dopaminergic stimulant, but it has little or no abuse potential. It is an SDRI (Selective Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor), and the S means that it doesn't get you high.

*[Pseudo]Ephedrine (Sudafed)- legal OTC as a decongestant.

Methylphenidate (Ritalin)- legal w/ prescription: ADHD.

Cathinone- illegal under DEA Schedule I.

*Amphetamine (Adderal, Dexedrine)- legal w/prescription: ADD, obesity. Dexedrine is nearly twice as potent as Adderal. See *. Typically $1-3 per pill depending on variety and area.

Methcathinone (Cat, Ephedrone)- illegal under DEA Schedule I.

Cocaine (Blow, Rock, Coke)- illegal under DEA Schedule I. One of the few naturally occurring stimulants. Characterized by short duration. Free base cocaine or crack can be smoked, whereas cocaine powder can be snorted or injected. Typically $25-100 per gram depending on area, quality, and quantity bought.

*Methamphetamine (Crystal Meth, Ice, Methedrine, Desoxyn)- legal in pill form w/ prescription: ADD, obesity. Desoxyn is methamphetamine in a pill.

*These drugs come in several flavors. They all can come as Dextro- or Levo- isomers, and as free bases or salts. The Dextro- isomer is many times more potent than the Levo- one. Dexedrine contains all Dextroamphetamine, whereas Adderal contains both forms. Desoxyn contains all Dextromethamphetamine, whereas Vicks Vapo-Rub contains all Levomethamphetamine. All of these drugs in pill or powder form are salts, to be taken orally, or snorted or injected to produce effects almost immediately. Free bases are generally oils that can be vaporized and inhaled to speed.

Now, to add to that, I know there's a risk of developing tremors (ticks) and sometimes a risk of stimulating seizures in anyone prone to them who may never have had one before, that's with normal dosage and use.

A couple questions back at ya: The qualities you mentioned - is this from your perspective, or from your friend's and other peoples? I ask because when you're under the influence of anything, you can't trust your perceptions of yourself that well.

If it's other people as well that notice this - consider looking up more info and medical advice - because if it's something that's genuinely helpful, it can't hurt to get a consult and see if you have some sort of imbalance it's correcting - and if so, get a scrip (which might not even be a stimulant, that could just be giving you the effect without being the right therapy for you) where you're not bouncing back and forth between the highs and lows, not to mention, you don't run the risk of getting busted for taking something illegally and it's MUCH less expensive getting it that way. Right now you're running the risk of putting yourself through highs and withdrawals and never hitting an even plane, which at the least, your moods are likely to get more severe as far as swinging up and down. Think of it this way - you get with a girl, do you want to have to get to the point you're taking more and more to stay confident with her, and go through all kinds of self doubt and depression in between seeing her? Getting in a position where you're going to be unpredictable mood-wise is not a good foundation to build any kind of relationship on, so start looking around before you get in trouble here. This is one of those things it's much easier to get started on than stop - as you're probably well aware.

The Morrigan said "A couple questions back at ya: The qualities you mentioned - is this from your perspective, or from your friend's and other peoples? I ask because when you're under the influence of anything, you can't trust your perceptions of yourself that well."

It's from both perspectives! When I'm on the speed people,friends, girls say "wow, your very lively today!"They laugh and we have great conversations. So yes the other people see those qualities when I'm on the pills.

I have seen a doctor and he thought I had depression, I tried 2 different types of anti-depressants. They did nothing other then turn me into walking zombie that was half asleep all the time. They used to prescribe stimulants back in the 60's I read for depression, but they "thought" anti depressants were better and safer when they were developed. So there is no chance of a doctor prescribing me these pills.

These pills are miracle workers in my opinion though. I often wonder when I'm on them, if this is how normal people feel, without the drugs.....