Gym time; Monday, Thursday and Saturday!?

Aggh! My moronic boss at work changed my shift around so now the only days I can go to the gym are Monday, Thursday and Saturday! Am I screwed? Or can I still get big with only these days to go to the gym!?

I heard you need days off for your muscles to grow, but isn't a 3 day gap too much? Thanks guys

Hi,

3 days a week is perfectly adequate, and yes, your muscles will only grow when they are rested properly. remember, weight training is the process of tearing and damaging the muscle, in the rest period, with proper nutrition, is when the muscles repair and regenerate.

You should ideally only train each body part once a week, a 7 day gap is usually sufficient for the muscle group to repair and be ready for the next session of training.

For lots more info and advice, please see the webiste I use at muscletalk.co.uk

Best of luck and hope you reach your goal!

Hey puny...If you still want to workout more often, you can go to wal-mart and buy some cheep dumbells. Or you can do it Marine Corps style and just do your good ol' push-ups, pull-ups, chair dips, lunges, ect. Trust me, there are a very large amount of people who go through boot camp small and come out huge without even touching a weight. Let me know if you want more info on this.